Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Nice

Finally got back into an explorer. Its a 01 v6/4x4. TT/Shackle and 31x10.5's. Had to do minor trimming on the flares so I didn't rub.

Before:
2170_10150277654631190_718821189_8372542_7968782_o.jpg

After:
_DSC4038.jpg

My Baby!

:exp: Setup: Cold Air intake, TT + 2" shackle & 3"BL, 35x12.50/15 Wrangles MT/R (Total of lift = 5")

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

icon_flag02.jpg
Explorer XLT 98 AT 4x4 V6 4.0

Man actually this is a kind of "weekend car" you know... And it is not for off-roading.

Here in Brazil is hard to find some replacement itens for this car, so I need to carry so much about this car, but ofcourse "how I wish I could put this baby in the trial....!", but for now is just to drive in streets. BTW the roads in Brazil are almost a track field ...

[]´s

:exp: Setup: Cold Air intake, TT + 2" shackle & 3"BL, 35x12.50/15 Wrangles MT/R (Total of lift = 5")

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

icon_flag02.jpg
Explorer XLT 98 AT 4x4 V6 4.0
Very Sweet.!!! I loved my 35" MTR's on my Xsport. I can't believe with the same lift that I had you can manage 35's on a 4dr. How bad do they rub the fenders??

Usually the tires don't rub inside the fender, unless the car hit strongly in a street hole, in this case the tires rub a bit in a metal that is just behind the plastic fender inside the wheel box.
Any way I'm prite sure thar tires are to big to be handler in the trials whit my current lift setup. To go offroad I will probably need to reduce my axle gear at last to 4.56 or 4.88 and get about 3" ou 4" more lift, maybe whit the 4" Superlift suspension kit , but here in Brazil this kit doesn't exist, to bad for me :(

I will try to provide some pics of my trimming solution!

Btw sorry about my english, some times I don't know how to explain some tecnical term...

That Ex looks incredible, I have got to see the trimming!

Finally got back into an explorer. Its a 01 v6/4x4. TT/Shackle and 31x10.5's. Had to do minor trimming on the flares so I didn't rub.

How much TT did you put on that? Looks like more than 2" Just wondering. Looks great!

I guess I got a amount of lift around 2" inch just with the TT, but the torsion bar screw is not close to reach the end, I still have something like 1/2" inch if I want to tighten until the end of the screw.

This weekend I'll post pics of the trimming and the screw spot .

Thx for the words guys, this car really looks amazing, and if you are planning to lift your ride go ahead, this is not to complicated and the drive experience still almost the same. But be warned, if you have a small girlfriend it can become a kick in the balls...

As I promisse here is the trimming that I did.

dsc00354.jpg

dsc00346.jpg

dsc00347.jpg

dsc00352.jpg

dsc00353.jpg

One pic more! Toller than a Toyota SW4!

attachment.jpg

Very Nice!!! Pretty similar to what I had to do.

99 xls OHV

Front: 2" TT
Rear: 2" Skyjacker Dodge 1500 add-a-leaf
3" body lift

33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

P1010694.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010693.jpg

The dodge add-a-leaf is perfect in my opnion. It lifted it about 2 1/2" and has settled to around 2 1/4" and rides good still, plus no longer shackle hangind down. I still have rub issues in the front when flexed up and turning due to all the plastic flares, but I'm not planing on getting rid of them, just need some more trimming.

Back