my 94 explorer project(pics) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 94 explorer project(pics)

well a bit of an update.... pulling that trans is a pain in that ass doing it by your self I didnt know I would have to pull the carpet up to get to the trans lines I have an electric driver seat and it sucked not being able to move it forward to unbolt it...
the access hole
103_0201.jpg

to get to that
103_0202.jpg

the only pic I took of the trans due to me trying to get the damn thing out9(failed)
103_0200.jpg

and here the finished product of painting
103_0197.jpg

103_0198.jpg

I did it with a wagner spray gun like pretty good

ill keep you posted on the trans swap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UPDATE
so I got the trans out.. had to use a bit more muscle lol

103_0213.jpg

I have a question though.. on my new trans I have the knob thing with teeth seen below there wasn't one on my old trans would that matter if not what is it for?
103_0210-1.jpg

this is the old one
103_0212.jpg

that is an adjustment knob, and its called a modulator, its 15$ on bulkpart.com Would be a good idea to replace it.

thanks im going to look into that

and how did you get your headlight covers off? that tin sheet that sits above the bulb like fell off somehow and I need to put it back up

post some pics

Subscribing. What's this little rig going to be? DD?

post some pics
the pics didnt come out good since you have to look inside od the headlight lens to see it I will take a pic when I get it out... I thinking about take that chance to rebuild my old trans just to learn the in's and out's that's if the weather stays pretty nice but I will post pics and stuff when I start

Subscribing. What's this little rig going to be? DD?
thanks and just a toy until I get my 91 mustang.. show truck maybe?? haha idk yet I have a sound system I want to put in it so maybe my competition truck the closer I get to finishing the trans swap I get more idea's on where I want to take it so just stay tuned

the pics didnt come out good since you have to look inside od the headlight lens to see it I will take a pic when I get it out... I thinking about take that chance to rebuild my old trans just to learn the in's and out's that's if the weather stays pretty nice but I will post pics and stuff when I start

thanks and just a toy until I get my 91 mustang.. show truck maybe?? haha idk yet I have a sound system I want to put in it so maybe my competition truck the closer I get to finishing the trans swap I get more idea's on where I want to take it so just stay tuned

If your gonna rebuild the old trans, i have a ton of a4ld parts you can have. And make sure you rebuild it in a CLEAN environment...

If your gonna rebuild the old trans, i have a ton of a4ld parts you can have. And make sure you rebuild it in a CLEAN environment...

yea I'm going to setup a table on my deck and thanks that woud be great if your free wednesday I can probably pick them up then

thats cool but it depends what time man

When you get those gauges back together and working I'd like to see a pic of that lit up. Interested in doing that little mod to mine! Didn't know it could be done like that. Keep up the good work! I'm tuned in!!

Thank god for a mild winter this year. I see you have as much snow as we do in Maine. Heck of a lot easier to do outdoor work. :D

Looking great so far!!

thats cool but it depends what time man
doesn't matter the time for me when ever your free I'm off that day just send me a text when your free

When you get those gauges back together and working I'd like to see a pic of that lit up. Interested in doing that little mod to mine! Didn't know it could be done like that. Keep up the good work! I'm tuned in!!

thanks man, yea it's cheap and easy it's all together now I can have some pics up sometime this week or next have to get this trans in first but ill keep you posted

Thank god for a mild winter this year. I see you have as much snow as we do in Maine. Heck of a lot easier to do outdoor work.

Looking great so far!!

haha yea I'm hoping I can get this thing rolling before it get too cold ad yea it is but as you see my rear of my truck is sitting on the front tires cause when it rains the jack stand sink in the grass I've tried wood and bricks under the stands they just break and crack after it rains (not good if I'm going to be under that thing) and thanks

ok update its been a while but I was up till about 11 last night putting the truck back together. I had to put new cover seal gaskets on, replaced the rear shocks, putting transfer case on drive shafts and wheel wells. I forgot my camera at home so I couldnt take pics but will take a bunch on saturday. Some how my bypass valve broke so I couldnt start it, I picked one up from ford this morning. Besides that I have to put the seats in center console in.. Im even thinging about putting in a over head console from a 2nd gen. these are pics I took with my phone

Im going the get an intake kit in 2 weeks but this is how it sits now
IMG_20120125_193809.jpg

this is where that bypass valve sat
IMG_20120125_193821.jpg

this is where it broke
103_0227.jpg

How much did the stealership charge you for the bypass valve? I just replaced my leaky valve with one I bought at autozone for $18.99

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much did the stealership charge you for the bypass valve? I just replacedmy leakyvalve with one I bought at autozone for $18.99
wow it was like 40 bucks from the dealership would you happend to have a part number I called autozone they had no idea what I was talking about

Back