Ocean Pacific's 4x4 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ocean Pacific's 4x4

haha good observation SUL73NAZ. Will definitely be getting 33's for my next tire. Larger tires with black lettering facing out will look much better. I may even do some work to the chrome part of my rims to give it a darker look, probably not black but gray possibly.

That's gonna look good...think you'll be able to clear the 33's with your current lift set up or will they rub? I think your truck looks awesome either way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They will clear for sure, It seems I have alittle more clearance than most.

They will clear for sure, It seems I have alittle more clearance than most.

What exactly are you running for a lift set up? IIRC you are running 2.25 front BTF spacers and arms. Do you have a body lift?

I love this explorer man, it looks great! :thumbsup:

Hey Guys. Haven't been on in a while and thought of updating the thread alittle. Got some new tires and shocks while gone.
DSCF2157.jpg

DSCF2162.jpg

DSCF2168.jpg

DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

Some pics of the cool place I live!
[/B]
DSCF2187.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

Will do Man! Love the look of your explorer, looks so clean! Definitely want to see it in person. We want to plan an all-day run sometime and will definitely let you know.

Will do Man! Love the look of your explorer, looks so clean! Definitely want to see it in person. We want to plan an all-day run sometime and will definitely let you know.

Thanks you! Same to you. I'll be looking forward too it and will definitely mark the calender on whichever day you all decide on!

I suppose an update is in need...
DSCF2201.jpg

Noo! What happened? You made it out ok?

Oh man, that really sucks!!!

On the way to work today there was a car that slid off the road into a ditch and was sitting on it's top.

The rollover actually happened awhile ago. I just was contemplating on whether or not to share it and see if anyone noticed the damage haha. The landing was not hard. Amazingly, none of the windows broke. The only real damage was the mirror. The body has alittle texture now, but nothing too crazy. Nothing some dirt cant cover up! The engine however was another story. Took time and patience to get it running again, oil got everywhere...literally. Just proud that I got it fixed and running without any external help. Here is what it looks like now, plus other shots after the roll. I would like to replace the doors eventually, so if you see any explorers in my red with good doors let me know!
DSCF2224.jpg

DSCF2432.jpg

DSCF2431.jpg

DSCF2313.jpg

DSCF2317.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2384.jpg

Still3-1.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

DSCF2397.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2466.jpg

the problem is the center hole in the pro comp is 87mm and the stock is 78 mm

I mean they will not be Hub centric

would this be a problem? would it cause any vibrations in high speed? would it cause any stress on the lug nuts?

No.

Think about it. If you have a peg and a hole that are exactly the same size, you cannot fit them together without a press- and even then you'll probably get some galling. You need a slight oversize on the hole to fit the peg in.

Now because there is a slight oversize, there is a possibility to not get centered when it bolts down tight- if the hub flange was tapered, then you might be able to, but it's not.

Have you ever looked at the shape of the lug nuts? They are tapered. When you evenly tighten down the lug nuts, they will center the wheel. Once you torque them to spec, they generate a massive clamping force between the back of the wheel and the hub flange. This clamping force is actually what holds the wheel in place and transfers the load from the wheel into the suspension. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but it's true.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back