Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build

Hello all, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited "Snow white" many more mods to come, this is how she currently stands

The day I bought her in 2009
12917024647267455496IM1MAIN565x4-1.jpg

As of 10/5/12
get-attachmentaspx1251.jpg

Current mods
- Struttek Struts with Silver powdercoated coils
- Custom made front skid plate
- BTF Upper Control Arms
- 1.75 BTF Spacer lift
- Custom made lightbar
- Flowmaster 40 series Delta muffler ( soon to be 50 ) & K&N Intake
- 16x8 Inch Cragar soft 8's on General Grabbers 265/75/16
- Black upper and lower black billet grille from Ebay
- Uniden CB Radio & Tram window Antenna
- Professionally tinted tail lights by jonstintedtails.com
- Dark tint all around & limo visor strip
- Premium sound system
- Black headlight housing and turn signal corners
- Alpine EX-10 Ipod Hookup
- Blacked out all Ford Logo's and de-badged car

Whats to come?
I have no freaking idea....

Thanks for checking out my Explorer and stay tuned..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Such a beautiful day today in So Cal, finally got the ex in good shape to hit the trails and headed out with some friends. Incredible views and good memories.. Lost my CB antenna, but it was well worth it ;) here are some pics.

get-attachmentaspx-26.jpg

Car2.jpg

Car1.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Shock mounts ... Check.
Custom adjustable 2.5'' coilovers ... In the works.

First 3rd gen with adjustable coilovers ... quite possibly!

:D

I was looking into that before my wreck. Sort of like the RCD kit for the 2nd Gens. Was entertaining using Fox 2.0 remote bypass shocks with either 6.5" or 8.5" of travel.

As far as I could tell the stock coils are rated at about 400#...that should help you with selecting a replacement.

I think for the rear you could use the fox 2.0 6.5 shocks also.

Anyway you should get a bit further suspension downtravel in the front with a setup like that due to the smaller coil spring diameter than the stock setup (upper control arm won't hit the spring as soon, so the suspension can keep going downward an extra inch or two). Limiting straps are still probably a good idea though.

I was looking into that before my wreck. Sort of like the RCD kit for the 2nd Gens. Was entertaining using Fox 2.0 remote bypass shocks with either 6.5" or 8.5" of travel.

As far as I could tell the stock coils are rated at about 400#...that should help you with selecting a replacement.

I think for the rear you could use the fox 2.0 6.5 shocks also.

Anyway you should get a bit further suspension downtravel in the front with a setup like that due to the smaller coil spring diameter than the stock setup (upper control arm won't hit the spring as soon, so the suspension can keep going downward an extra inch or two). Limiting straps are still probably a good idea though.

Yeah I've been wanting to do this for quite awhile, I've got pretty big plans. I was going to go with Fox or King, but a local company literally five min away from where I live called Radflo said they could hook me up with custom adjustable coil overs for about $800. So, I'm thinking about going with them.

Right now, I don't have enough money for front & back, so I'm just going with front. Like you mentioned, I need to figure out the spring rate and the travel shock I need before they can get started with production.

Explorer's pending sale for tomorrow. Great memories & good times with her, but it's time to move on to something else. Thanks everybody for all the great help/advice along the way. I'll be on the forums from time to time. :salute:

Day 1:
Photo002.jpg

9/20/12:
get-attachmentaspx12_zps2414fd1e.jpg

get-attachmentaspx18_zps8b90dd38.jpg

Explorer's pending sale for tomorrow. Great memories & good times with her, but it's time to move on to something else. Thanks everybody for all the great help/advice along the way. I'll be on the forums from time to time. :salute

Something else = 4th gen? :D

Explorer's pending sale for tomorrow. Great memories & good times with her, but it's time to move on to something else. Thanks everybody for all the great help/advice along the way. I'll be on the forums from time to time. :salute:

Good luck to you sir. I hope all goes well for you!! :salute:

Everything's always for sale ;) the buyer I had backed out the day he was supposed to come, so I'm just being patient. I got a great deal on these tires that I couldn't pass up, and ill break even by selling the tires I currently have. Maybe this will give it the extra push to sell, haha. But for now it looks like I'll still have the Ex for awhile atleast until someone comes along. I'm way busy with school so it's not a huge priority to sell her.

Not much of an update.. But cut my exhaust pipe off, took my rear spacers out, and added an amber 6'' 60 LED in my rear window for safety reason when on trail.

Wishing I had gotten a 2" front spacer instead of a 1.75".. Anyone wanna trade? ;)

and added an amber 6'' 60 LED in my rear window for safety reason when on trail.

Got any pics of that bad boy?..........................:popcorn:

I have some 1/2" spacers you could have for some scrilla, pm me your phone # and ill text you about them. On my phone and hate using the forum from here

Back