Remove Explorer letters on hood (Sport) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove Explorer letters on hood (Sport)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not really a fan of badges but kept the hood and sport badge. Can't stand the ecoboost badge so that had to go and then decided to plastidip the sport. I liked it enough to keep it vs. removing everything on the back.

IMAG0158_zpsd40d071e.jpg

Read the article. The 14 Interceptors are getting the same engine as the Sports. The 3.5 Liter ECOBOOST!!!! Hence my statement.

Call me weird but I think those interceptor emblems are awesome

Hhahahahahah. If that gets you going. Wait until you see these stuck on the front!!!!!!!!!!! To each their own.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=261397682418

The sports are actually the same engine as the interceptor. So it's not really false advertising like the SHO badge that belongs to Taurus. The explorer is basically an oversize Taurus anyway. Seven seater Taurus to be exact.. LMAO

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/fords-explorer-based-police-interceptor-365-hp-ecoboost/

I'm not really a fan of badges but kept the hood and sport badge. Can't stand the ecoboost badge so that had to go and then decided to plastidip the sport. I liked it enough to keep it vs. removing everything on the back.

IMAG0158_zpsd40d071e.jpg
As soon as my 14 got home the dental floss came out and the sport badge came off. I never liked the 2 door sports back in the day and find that word offensive for a vehicle that is meant to have some get up and go. The dark side sport does look better! Good dip job!

You just can never go wrong being debaged, the clean sleeper looks is always great!

Actually the Interceptor Sedan has always had the EcoBoost 3.5L optional engine.

It was the Interceptor Utility that had the 3.7L Lincoln V6 until now.

13 Interceptor Utility didn't get the EcoBoost 3.5L, its making its debut as a 2014 MY. They just started shipping recently.

Nevada Hwy Patrol was one of the first customers, they bought the first 60 units.

They are mainly going to Hwy Patrol Agencies, CHP, Arizona DPS, etc etc.

I hope to have a demo unit in March I will take some pics, Im interested to see and feel the difference between our retail SPORT tuning and the Interceptor tuning.

Sgt do they really have "interceptor" on the hoods instead of explorer on the front?

yeah...what Tucker asked! ^^^^^^^^^

Here are a few pics and videos. The ones below do not have 'Explorer' or 'Interceptor' on the hood. Now these likely are not the Sport models either. I believe they are the 2013 MY vehicles but still nice to look at.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/08/22/chp-unveils-new-police-interceptor-suv-pursuit-vehicle/

https://www.google.com/search?q=for...e=univ&ei=XDYBU-eADMfT2wWl9YCQDA&ved=0CDQQsAQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=X_5G1zCPIi6RvhBE-GuRbg&bvm=bv.61535280,d.b2I

Peter

IMAG0158_zpsd40d071e.jpg

that looks great with the blacked out emblem. I also swapped my ecoboost one for one from a MKZ since it's black background instead of silver.

Read the article. The 14 Interceptors are getting the same engine as the Sports. The 3.5 Liter ECOBOOST!!!! Hence my statement.

yeah I definitely want to swap the explorer badge on the hood to interceptor since it'll come with that emblem, and my stock one is crooked anyway lol

Got mine in the mail today. My garage isn't heated......Too cold to put it on. Will wait until it warms up some. I like the way it is spreads further across the bonnet. Looks better in my opinion. Will take some pics once I get it installed.

Got mine in the mail today. My garage isn't heated......Too cold to put it on. Will wait until it warms up some. I like the way it is spreads further across the bonnet. Looks better in my opinion. Will take some pics once I get it installed.
So you are a 'bonnet and boot' type guy. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

Unless you grew up in Newfoundland. It's bonnet

By up here you must be referring to upper Canada! LOL

+1

waiting for pics!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sgt do they really have "interceptor" on the hoods instead of explorer on the front?

Sorry the delay in answering I just saw this.

Yes the 2014 EcoBoost Utility Interceptor was a big deal for Ford because they had a huge battle fighting management to get the funding to make it happen.

Also the engineering required to get that engine cooling robust enough to pass LASD and MSP testing was significant.

The take rate isn't going to be huge like the Interceptor Utility 3.7L Lincoln engine model is but its a big deal to kick the a$$ of the other two manufacturers.

To be clear the 3.7L V6 is STANDARD engine and the EcoBoost V6 is an option in both Sedan and Utility.

Due to it being a very special project they wanted it to stand out so its the only model in the Police Program to get the special EcoBoost Interceptor grill and lettering.

I specifically asked about that stuff going on other Police models and it was a definitive NO!

As of today Nevada Hwy Patrol is only agency to have one in service as they only started shipped few weeks back.

Back