transmission just read 8 CODES!!!:( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmission just read 8 CODES!!!:(

Leodab221

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
just pulled my transmission put it back in and O/D light was flashing so i read the codes and this is what i got:

P0715
P0743
P0750
P0755
P0765
P0760
P0713
P1746

All of connections are good. Didn't break anything when removing or installing. Wondering as to why all my connections could be throwing a code here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try using some dielectric grease on the plugs before you plug them back in, and also reset your "computer" by unhooking the battery for about 15 minutes. Hopefully that will clear up your issues. Good luck!

Try using some dielectric grease on the plugs before you plug them back in, and also reset your "computer" by unhooking the battery for about 15 minutes. Hopefully that will clear up your issues. Good luck!

Thank you. I'll do this after I inspect the pins for contamination. Know of anything I could use to clean them before you using the grease?

Update: cleaned connectors. It ran a lot better but towards the end of a 3 mile test drive, I lost drive completely and the truck dies in reverse. Reset the ECM and the flashing o/d light is off but still experiencing problems. Don't really have money for a shop to even look at it as my money has been spent on a new engine. Any ideas on next course of action?

C118 or C177

Either (C118 between rear of engine and firewall) or C177 (mounted on left side of transmission) is not properly connected. My guess is C118 since it is hard to access.
JPlug1.jpg

Back