X-1 got a new suspension 6 inches worth | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X-1 got a new suspension 6 inches worth

First off many thanks to Kodiak, Jeff Seal, and Dale Theissen for the parts I purchased from them, everything was in great condition. I have installed a six inch skyjacker class I lift up front, this also included drop swaybar brackets, and quick connects, new brake lines, and a skyjacker steering staybalizer. For the rear I went with 4 inch superlift springs, and warrior shackles, running 4 inch explorer pro comp shocks mounted to sway bar mount, this temp till I get the 6 inch shocks. Total lift was 6 inches upfront, and 6 1/2 in the rear, no driveshaft issues at all:p The camera was dead this weekend so next week I will get pics up.

Next project, 3 inch body lift to fit those 35's:D

Also thanks to Hank, all my bushing are daystar, with exception to the rear springs, they came with superlift bushings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

another

Attachments

• dscf0016.jpg
    dscf0016.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 646

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Looks good man. I need to hurry up and post some pics of mine for you. Mine is white also, same lift, and I just got my rock crawlers on.

If it wasnt -4 outside I'd go do it right now

Ryan

RYAN-1

Post those pics, I really want to see yours, I had to use the rear brake line that they sent me on the front, due to the abs thing, and my rear shocks are only for a 4 inch lift, so they are mounted to the swaybar, so I still have the rear brakeline, shocks, and swaybar to install, plus tires, I want the crawlers, I think on a white ex they would look good. Maybe next month roof rack as well.

I did an soa in the rear and am still running my stock brakelines I do have the extension for the rear but havent put it in yet.

I got the rockcrawlers for 185.10 installed, at discount tire.

My rear shocks are mounted in the stock location but I have longer shocks.

If you know how to weld. M.O.R.E. offroad sells some pretty nice weld on ones.

Ryan

well I have spring break this week so I can take as many as you like.

any certian areas you want.

Also, how much do you have into your lift so far? and do you have any vibrations out of that rear drive line?

Ryan

RYAN-1

I have about 700 in the parts, I bought alot of my parts used, with exception of shackles, staybalizer, shocks, pittman arm, and brake lines, those were bought new, using the 4 inch rear springs with shackles turned the pinion up some, so no vibrations. As for pics, any would be great.

It looks like you replaced your RA bushings while you were at it....what did you old ones look like?

Ryan

I did that last year, replaced all the bushings with daystars, didn't look to bad, just wanted to tighten it up some, did make a big difference in handling.

ya... Ryan1 ...i really want to see your pics as well... you running 33's?? plus i just want to see how those black rock crawlers look on the truck.... holla back...platty plat

Looks good.
Question though, if you were going 6", why didn't you go with a SOA in the rear? Also what kind of shackles give you 6 1/2" with 4" lift springs?

im runnin 32's

I have spring break this week and will take some pics tomorrow...if its about 10 degrees.

Ryan

On the rear I had already installed 4 inch springs, bought with the intention of only lifting the front 4 inches. I ended up buying a front 6 inch lift for a good price, but since I already had the 4 inch springs, I figured I would do the warrior 153 shackles and it would come out 5 1/2 in the rear, the 6 1/2 that I got in the rear was an accident, I have no idea why it came out that way, other than maybe the arch of the springs isn't allowing the shackle to lay back as far as it should. I am hoping it will settle in a little, I would prefer it level. So that is how, the why I can't explain.:confused: but it drives good

Rear spring shackle

Attachments

• dscf0017.jpg
    dscf0017.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 398

how's the flex on the rear with the springs under?

Ryan

Haven't really tried it out yet, but will have to check, we have a good concrete ramp at work, so I will try to sneak back there for a test and a pic, haha 1200 post!

I agree, the arms and brackets are 500 bucks, I am going to up grade to those later.:D

Kinda stalled out there for a while, should have the body lift within the next two weeks, or sooner I hope, then I can finally take the stock tires off.:D

I currently live in Tennessee, looking to move back to the Tampa area, Plant city is where we have a D.C.

Back