lost an old friend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lost an old friend

[ATTACH=full]257092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]257093[/ATTACH]

about two weeks ago my wife and I were traveling across the country to visit our daughter,in the upper half of Idaho right before the montana state line.on the I -15 we hit a large streach of black ice,pictures tell it all,we came out of it pretty brused and sore and a few broken bones.there were several other cars and trucks involved ,lucky no hit anyone else or us.We rolled two and half times landing on our side down a small imbankment.Not a very good feeling.had the X since day 1 so really going to miss it,it took me all over the west with nary a problem.sorry to post so late in time but just starting to get around .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow. Sorry things turned out so bad. I was originally thinking that your Explorer caught fire, but either way it saved your life. It was a friend to the end, and hope you can find a replacement soon.

Holy Crap Dave..

I'm glad to hear your all pretty much ok. That must have been one heck of a wild ride..

I hope you all heal up fast and completely..

~Mark

...Wow..:eek:

..So sorry to read about this Dave..I take it this happened around your B-day..:(

..Not sure if you are back down here or not but if you need anything just let us know..

So sorry to hear you lost your X and I'm glad it did it's job - keeping your family safe. Hope you all heal quickly and find another X for you and your family.

Oh wow Dave, looks like a wild ride from hell. So glad you are , well, ok enough at least to post, but the sheet metal can be replaced.

Although that was a very cool rig. It went places.

Dave sorry to here about this, but at least your ok. I have driven that strech of road many times before. Weather is no joke up there

It's good to here that you guys made it out relatively ok. From the looks of it the heart or the x is alright, transplant that engine and tranny and all you can in a new shell and think about it like "your baby got older and needed a face lift"

Woah, you are lucky to make it out alive on that one. Looks like the Explorer protected you just like it should have.

Get well soon and I hope you find another Explorer!

Just saw this... I'm sure glad you and your wife are ok Dave! That was a heck of a wreck to walk away from.

glad to hear your both okay with no serious injuries. thats quite a roll over

Sucks to see this but glad your ok Dave

May your Explorer RIP.

Glad it protected you and your Family.

That really sucks but it once again shows how tough Explorers are. Glad you guys were not too seriously hurt.

don't even know what to say, except, thank you Ford Motor Co for building such a tough truck, and keeping our loved ones safe

Glad to know you and your wife are ok.

May your beloved X rip:salute:

Dave, reading through that, I was excited you and your wife made it out of that. Sad to see your beautiful explorer smashed like that, but I much rather have your rig lose its life rather than you or your wife.

Hope you're recovering well, and hope you had a good thanksgiving today :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry bout ur x dave and glad your ok though

Back