03 Ford explorer tranny help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Ford explorer tranny help!!

hmease010

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Ford Explorer Eddie Ba
So I was driving and my check transmission light came on. Everything was shifting like normal so I figured it might just be a glitch since I had to replace my battery. Well when I get to the garage they run a bunch of tests on it and it's my torque converter. I found someone to replace it but he said I'll need new fluids. I have no idea how much fluid I'll need. And is there a filter too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You probably need 12 quarts and a filter kit.

Okay so my light keeps turning off. It picks and chooses when to turn on. Ford said it's definitely the torque convertor but could they of been wrong? It's shifting fine and not acting up. Just this light.

Specifically what codes are you getting? That transmission is prone to servo problems, solenoid pack problems and torque converter problems.

Specifically what codes are you getting? That transmission is prone to servo problems, solenoid pack problems and torque converter problems.
I don't have the paper in front of me right this second. Once i get a hold of it ill post the code.

Okay the code is p0741 tcc performance out of range.

Back