18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack

Blizzak DM-V2 265/65R18 mounted on LB5Z-1015B. Picture perspective isn't the greatest but the tires fit just fine.

View attachment 175932
think this tire size would fit my stock 2011 XLT? currently running OEM 18" wheels with no lift and 245/60/18 tires, but want to upsize to 255/70/18.

think this tire size would fit my stock 2011 XLT? currently running OEM 18" wheels with no lift and 245/60/18 tires, but want to upsize to 255/70/18.
NOT a recommended size. 245/60 R18 vs 255/70 R18 Tire Size Comparison Table with Graphic Visualization (inch difference)
It is more than twice the generally accepted maximum diameter variance of 3% compared to OEM. It will negatively affect the ABS, TC and the extra weight would put more stress on the brake and suspension systems.

Peter

NOT a recommended size. 245/60 R18 vs 255/70 R18 Tire Size Comparison Table with Graphic Visualization (inch difference)
It is more than twice the generally accepted maximum diameter variance of 3% compared to OEM. It will negatively affect the ABS, TC and the extra weight would put more stress on the brake and suspension systems.

Peter
yep, i am aware and understand all of that..ive been researching all of this for a while now. I can't yet speak to ABS and TC programming but the tire weight is comparable. what I'm wondering is if they will physically fit and looking at the pictures in this thread it would seem as though they would so I was simply wondering if anyone could speak to that aspect directly.

I did a 'Search' and this is the only other thread that mentions that size and unfortunately there isn't an answer. Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT

Peter

Back