1995 - 1997 Eddie Bauer Explorer head lights out or no high beam or low beam | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 - 1997 Eddie Bauer Explorer head lights out or no high beam or low beam

explorer371511

Reaction score
City, State
Southgate mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4x4 Eddie Bauer
Just had a problem with my drivers side high beam head light stopped working. I checked all the fuses & bulb itself. Everything good. I have the ddi computer in the center console. Turns out there is a little circuit board under the center console held by two screws. You have to unplug it & remove it. Then open the plastic case that holds it. Using a magnifying glass you will see between the soldering connections off of the circuit board pins have been separated or cracked. You will need a soldering pen & rosin core solder. I touched up the solder on all of the pins . And boom good to go, reassemble circuit board & install it & all your head lights should work. ( Note ) only the 95 threw 97's have the circuit board, maybe real early 98's have a pin plug connector in place to bypass the circuit board. There were so many problems with that circuit board ford got rid of them.

Back