1996 explorer 5" lift and 33's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 explorer 5" lift and 33's

so would i need to get new rims, or could i stick with the stock 96 ones, which are 15.somthing

and which lift is it again that is compatable with the v8 5.0 awd 96 xlt?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so would i need to get new rims, or could i stick with the stock 96 ones, which are 15.somthing

and which lift is it again that is compatable with the v8 5.0 awd 96 xlt?

Stock wheels are 15"x7". They clean up nice, & they can be powder coated to look real nice too. You can put up to an 11.5" tire on them, depending on brands, some say no smaller than a 8" wide wheel.

Performance auto parts sells a couple of body lift kits for Rangers we use on our Explorers/Mountaineers. #853 is what I used, some use #883. The bumper brackets are different in them. I had to make my own out of 1/4" plate steel using a diagram found on this forum. Try Summit racing for prices and ordering.

A suspension lift is a whole diff ball game and costs a lot of $$. You can find out your answers to these and many more by using the search button on all the sub forums. Try it, you might surprise yourself and learn something on your own.;)

Black Hole ROCKS< i rode in it on a very slick, and sloppy Class 4 trail at SMORR<< it was great , i am myself gonna duplicate what he has,, i like it,,
on the RTI ramp at SMORR it stuffed the back wheel with no issue,, there are pics of it,,

so my stock 96 rims with the rain drops or whatever wont work for the 33x12.5?

my valence got ripped off when she was stock..(i tied it to the roof to get it home)

and how she sits now(pre wheel spacers)

oh and ps i had to trim a little fender with just a 3'' body lift

my valence got ripped off when she was stock..(i tied it to the roof to get it home)

and how she sits now(pre wheel spacers)

oh and ps i had to trim a little fender with just a 3'' body lift

would you guys think aal would be something good to add to the 3" bl? along with tt and shackles, to give it more room to flex out, and maybe take out the bump stops or w/e

and is the 853 the kit i need? and will 33x12.5 fit onto the stock rims you showed in the first pic? or should i get the holed out crager

gman, you mentioned almost maxed out TT, any cv issues?

gman, you mentioned almost maxed out TT, any cv issues?

Sorry, been wheeling in Moab & the San Juan Mtn range in Ouray CO for the last week on my TT, so NO, no problems with the CV Axles whatsoever.

Is it just one of those things that vary from truck to truck?

Back