2001 Ranger Edge Front to 2000 Explorer | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ranger Edge Front to 2000 Explorer

Push Bar and halo/fog lights installed.
bull-bar-right-valance3.jpg

fogs.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It still needs finishing touches and really a total paint job would be great. I am thinking I may paint her a grey/brown, ha, dirt color, and trim in black..................No hurry, she runs good and does all I want her too.

I decided to badge her and added to the "X-Edge". I got a Mustang "5.0" badge and "Supercharger" badge. I did each fender and the back passenger side. Ha, I am hoping she gets a little more respect as I pass folks going up into the mountains. I can't wait to see how much power they add!

1st.jpg

2cd.jpg

4th.jpg

3rd.jpg

That looks absolutely awesome dude. I’m willing to bet that turns a lot of heads. Super impressed

@Blown I'm gonna jump on board and say this is awesome, kind of what all of us would like to do, but none of us had either the occasion or the guts to tackle it like this.

Reminds me, I have a Dodge Durango sitting around with a 5.9L that needs rebuilt... Your build thread gives me some awesome (and bad) ideas.

Thanks! It came together only because I had two wrecked vehicles and needed one good one. I'm not too fancy and do not need an expensive ride, payment, and higher insurance premiums. It's a good hobby, you can see what you have done, drive it and I enjoy it.

This is an updated thread with paint: Spiffing-Up the Rig

drivers-paint.jpg

Push Bar and halo/fog lights installed.
View attachment 322584
View attachment 322585
What a fantastic build! I have only come across a couple examples of this front end swap being done. Yours is the first I have seen using primarily the ranger fenders.(the other one that I saw simply used the very front of the ranger fenders around the headlights... This will be happening to my explorer one day... Thank you for the inspiration

What a fantastic build! I have only come across a couple examples of this front end swap being done. Yours is the first I have seen using primarily the ranger fenders.(the other one that I saw simply used the very front of the ranger fenders around the headlights... This will be happening to my explorer one day... Thank you for the inspiration
I certainly made mistakes. I did save the old fenders to be able to weld them on the back of the Ranger Edge fenders. I did this to try and make a decent transition to match the doors. I cut and saved only put a thin strip maybe 3 inches wide and should have made it wider for a smoother transition, body filler helped, though I did not worry about real nice work, I can do it and may add more filler and smooth it more. It's rough.

I did this swap because I had both rigs, got cut-off so short a guy ran over the right front fender of the Explorer which also crunched the grill. The Ranger Edge is being parted-out in favor of the 302 Explorer and it's smaller size. I'll be parting-out the Ranger, keeping the rear of the truck to make a trailer out of and selling the blower kit on Ebay. I am back in my comfort zone with a 302 and a shorter rig. View attachment 418450 I moved over my custom consul, sub woofer and Ranger seats to the Explorer.

I have done the basics and am driving it. The biggest two issues are the way the doors match the fenders and the bumper mount. The bumper is mounted but is low so I need to move over the frame horns/bumper mounts from the Edge or something. I can fab/weld. I have the fenders I took off the Explorer so could use them to match the doors or I may put like a vent mesh there to fill-in the gap..................None of it was a simple bolt-up, no holes matched up on the fenders or grill exept the actual inner plastic fender mounts. I am not looking to finish it nicely, this is a daily driver, work truck and camping truck.

View attachment 418451

View attachment 418452

View attachment 418453
can you post another couple pictures? Unfortunately I cant see the pictures, they do not show up. But I am very interested in this idea I would also like to put a ranger front end on my Explorer.

There are some here:
Spiffing-Up the Rig

and here:

If had it to do over, I would have saved a wider section of the old Explorer fenders I welded on in order to be able to blend/fit better where the door and fender meet.

Back