2002 Explorer XLT - No 4x4 - Question Regarding Module Programming | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer XLT - No 4x4 - Question Regarding Module Programming

I did have service manuals for my Bronco and I have them for my Fusion. I guess I should get a set for the Explorer and I really do love this truck. :)

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UPDATE: I am a moron.

From the electrical diagrams I got from BigRondo (thank you again), I found that the fuse slot that had no power (#15) only has power on start up, so that's not a problem.

Perplexed because I really didn't think I would be able to diagnose any problems further, I started pouring through this thread (which I think should be a sticky)...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163694

Long story short, I was looking at, and bought the wrong module. I bought and tried to replace the GEM (Multifunction Relay Module), which is also behind the glovebox, but off to the right on the pillar.

After emailing Silverstate, they made a point to make sure I knew the 4x4 module was different from the GEM module. Sure as s**t, I went back and looked and NOW I see the 4x4 module.

So, I am going to order it from Silverstate and we'll go from there.

Again, thanks for everyone for their help and I apologize for wasting some peoples time.

Consider this my post of shame. :(

Chris

Lol :D

I guess if one of us had clicked on the link you provided in post #12 we might have been able to figure it out. I started to the other day and got sidetracked by life.

Let us know if you are 4WD again.

I guess if one of us had clicked on the link you provided in post #12 we might have been able to figure it out. I started to the other day and got sidetracked by life.

Eh, it's no ones fault but my own. I had already bought it and installed it by that time anyway. Hopefully I can sell the new one on eBay and get back some money.

I'm just happy that this should fix my problem as all my symptoms are just like everyone elses.

I ordered the new module and will report back when I instal it.

Chris

Lol :D

Let us know if you are 4WD again.

Yep, I didn't click on the link either. Sorry.

I'm guilty of not clicking on the link as well. Sorry about that.

I'll post up some info on swapping out the 4x4 module when I get home tonight.

Success!!! Got the new module in the mail today, installed and all is well in the world. Even did a few test doughnuts in a parking lot to make sure I had 4x4. :)

Thanks everyone again for their help. Couldn't have done it without the help of this forum and you guys.

Chris

Success!!! Got the new module in the mail today, installed and all is well in the world. Even did a few test doughnuts in a parking lot to make sure I had 4x4. :) Thanks everyone again for their help. Couldn't have done it without the help of this forum and you guys. Chris

Nice job getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

I bet you're loving having the 4x4 again!!!!

Nice job getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

I bet you're loving having the 4x4 again!!!!

Heck yes. We've had snow in SW Michigan pretty much everyday this week. The Explorer has earned her keep this week. :)

Back