2006 Explorer | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer

any worries about the 6 speed tranny? Is this the first year for that!? From ford auto?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dtl 2k2 sport said:
any worries about the 6 speed tranny? Is this the first year for that!? From ford auto?

They have the 6 speed in the FWD Ford 500 and Freestyles

Nay, the Freestyle uses the new CVT. Will the 6-speed be in the V6 Explorer or just the V8?

(Why does the Escape only have a 4-speed, and a poor one at that?)

Bob

Interior?

Is that interior real or a mock-up? I see the speedo, tach, and acouple of tiny gauges in the corners that look like fuel and coolant temperature, but where is the voltmeter and oil pressure gauge (yes, I know the pressure gauge is fake)? Where is the 4WD hi/lo switch?

Bob

not bad. hopefully there will be aftermarket grilles for it. that grille doesnt look like it belongs on that vehicle

Bwana Bob said:
Nay, the Freestyle uses the new CVT. Will the 6-speed be in the V6 Explorer or just the V8?

(Why does the Escape only have a 4-speed, and a poor one at that?)

Bob

Not to be the arguing type but the AWD Freestyle has the CVT, the FWD Freestyle has the 6-speed auto

98Explorer4x4 said:
Not to be the arguing type but the AWD Freestyle has the CVT, the FWD Freestyle has the 6-speed auto

Oh, I didn't know that. I stand corrected!

Thanks.

Bob

Bwana Bob said:
The device under the front bumper does indeed look like a bullet camera. Look closely, there is another one on the roof

You are correct. Just at the front of the roof rack on the passenger side.

XLoudFN97X said:

why would anyone purchase that it sure isn;t a pick up...

what is the bed on that thing. 3X3 what is up with that..
as idiotic as buying a Mark LT from Lincoln...Pick up truck and Luxury doesn;t seem to match... Doubt you would see many work tools in them or at a muddy job site.

davidmmm69 said:
why would anyone purchase that it sure isn;t a pick up...

what is the bed on that thing. 3X3 what is up with that..
as idiotic as buying a Mark LT from Lincoln...Pick up truck and Luxury doesn;t seem to match... Doubt you would see many work tools in them or at a muddy job site.

alot of people have bought sport tracs and worked them. we had a 01. it hauled more stuff in the short few years we had it then we have ever hauled with our fullsize pickup w/a 8' bed . its a great little truck for somone that doesnt need a big huge truck. and with the bed extender its got a 6.5' bed.

and the Mark LT is not the first lux pickup..ford has had the top of the line lux pickups for years(lariat,king ranch). and they have sold very well. i want a Mark LT 4x4 badly..lol

i would like a mark LT too. i wouldnt use it like i use my dodge ram, but i prefer a truck to a car. so why not buy a luxury truck over a luxury car?

first hand, i can say that the mark LT's 4x4's are SWEET...i only wish i had a spare $46K.
back on topic, the 06 explorers are looking really good.
that grille pictured is only on the limited, for all you who didnt like it.
the xls will have a black plastic one and the xlt's will have one more plain and similar to the current ones.
the eddie's will have a grille similar to the sport trac and fx4 f-150 with two vertical sections on the sides.
and yes, that is how the interior will look. i like it a lot.

the hp is bumped to 292(+53) and tq is up to 300(+18), on the 3 valve 4.6, also expected to meet ULEV (ultra low emissons vehicle) requirements.
there is also a standard(w/v8) 6 speed auto, the first in the midsize suv class.
it has that sweet console shifter.
the sohc is at 210/254 with new cams and plugs for reduced emissions and lower nvh (noise,vibration,harshness) at idle. idle quality is improved 40% over previous.
also standard is a tire pressure monitoring system.

n3m3s1s said:
first hand, i can say that the mark LT's 4x4's are SWEET...i only wish i had a spare $46K. QUOTE]

46 thousand on a vehicle is insane...

hey, not that insane, you can uhm, deliver all the hay in style along w/ going to the dump and being the focal point of everyone there. Personally I think its alittle too much, but go for it if you can justify that!

new ex on site,,

Hey I think Rick the man just beat me but I saw on the ford company website that the new explorer is on the page, just wanted to let everyone know, so the speculations can stop , and we all can see what's for real. Laters,,, :D :D :thumbsup:

up to 10 percent better fuel economy.

that is a must the way gas is ..
should be more than 10.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• 06water.jpg
    06water.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 175

Back