2012 Carlisle All Ford Nats June 1-3 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Carlisle All Ford Nats June 1-3

I have that Saturday to waste away. It is either this or the race at Roush Creek the same day. After meeting Spas in Moab years ago I am a little worried about the east coast fringe of the group :D.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

be afraid, be very afraid!

I have that Saturday to waste away. It is either this or the race at Roush Creek the same day. After meeting Spas in Moab years ago I am a little worried about the east coast fringe of the group :D.

We're mostly harmless...

bats said:
We're mostly harmless...

By mostly he means there's only a SLIGHT chance your rig will end up on its own wheels. :p

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

We're mostly harmless...

as long as they get there meds, and have explosives to throw around, they are ok. if one or the other is absent, see jays last post.

The Explorer crowd will probably be halfway up the hill at the back of the fairgrounds. They were banished to there years ago.:D:D:D

which also reminds me. is anyone going to bring a wheel chair this year? :D

By mostly he means there's only a SLIGHT chance your rig will end up on its own wheels. :p

I dunno what you're talking about :roll:

DSCN1644_Small_.jpg

And I'll bring the wheelchair! :D

*chipmunk squeak*

EEEEEEEEEE! Dude, you have to come by! It's been forever! :bounce:

id be worried if afn had nice weather

True dat. In the extreme event that Saturday night is actually nice, however,
how would everyone feel about camping out on the trails?

Sure, just maybe foldin the rear seats down for us...that's the plus side of a 4door there is actually enough room :D

True dat. In the extreme event that Saturday night is actually nice, however,
how would everyone feel about camping out on the trails?

i thought that was another thing best saved for torrential downpour... :p:

i thought that was another thing best saved for torrential downpour... :p:

As long it don't rain that night, I am game. Just need to get a tent then. But if it does rain I'm sleeping on a bed inside.

So as of this moment Carisle is looking a no go for me and the truck
I stopped at my mechanic and he has the rear completely apart and
He has had any free time to get the rear end reassmblied
I really got on his case and he promising me it going to be ready by now now he telling me early next week
I again reminded him memorial dag is Monday and I'm leaving for the show next Friday in the morning

I'm also scaptial about driving all the way out there without breaking in the new gears

What really sucks
Is Carisle is paid for and hotel reserved and ready to be paid for
And I really sweating bullets

Welp with the way things are going, I'm probably just gunna show up as a spectator and just drive my 4banger down this year unless by a miracle things change.

Not sure if I'm going to make it to the show. BII needs an inspection and I'm not sure if it'll pass. No ebrake, drivers side mirror all but fell off, need to source a coolant leak or two and the steering is way too loose for my liking.

If all goes well I should have parts and stuff to make it out by Saturday night for some wheeling.

wtf! everyones bailing?!?!?! hell, i just got into pa last night, with evil making some not so nice sounds as well....

Well some good and bad news my overly busy mechanic found sometime to work on the truck to find out that the open carrier which I purchased was marked wrong and it from a 28 not a 31 which makes a big difference. So there is no way I'm going to track down a new carrier in time but I still have the limited slip unit which he is going to reinstall so I can get the tuck back
Bad news job just double in case when I find the carrier

Just drive the explorer bats.. parli open carrier or limited slip? I think I have a 8.8 open carrier here in the garage.

The ex is a donor vehicle and I already took a bunch of stuff off for the BII.

If I can work through this hangover I should get everything done today or tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

vroomzoomboom said:
wtf! everyones bailing?!?!?! hell, i just got into pa last night, with evil making some not so nice sounds as well....

Seems like everyone's truck breaks for Carlisle

Back