2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

Dang, sure sorry to hear that Aaron. We'll be thinking about you. Your service is appreciated:chug: Just wish your service wasn't needed this weekend! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He's great around other dogs and people but is a terror with food! I'll have to keep him on the leash when eating is going on for sure!

The pot luck food is normally out on the tables for a couple hours...

The pot luck food is normally out on the tables for a couple hours...

I'll probably take him for a hike or something then while that's going on.

..I tweaked my back Monday and I just got a phone call...

..There will be an open lift in a shop tomorrow so I will be operating on my Ranger all day and hopefully sometime between I can get my Explorer cleaned out before hand but you know I will be out there sometime on Friday..:biggthump

..and it's never to late for anyone to decide they want to come out at the last minute and just socialize with everyone from the Forum and to see their various vehicles up close...

..You don't even need a 4wd to come enjoy the atmosphere and there is plenty of room where we camp to park your vehicles..;)

Did my grocery shopping tonight. Will load tomorrow evening and should hit the road relatively early friday.

Tomorrow eve I need to also put a wrench on the suspension pivots, check ubolts and shock bolts and should be good to go. Tossing in a spare alt., starter, fan belt and radiator hoses for my '91. Obviously if anyone is in need we can work something out... I'd rather come prepared with the spares I have rather then wish I had them knowing they're at home collecting dust! (the desert racer pit box mentality bleeds over a little bit sometimes for me! LOL)

Hoping to be out there around noon-1ish. Should have a jeep friend showing up early afternoon Friday as well and she'll be leaving Sat afternoon. Possibly have one other jeep friend coming out Friday and leaving Sat as well from San Diego. I'll likely wake up and hit the road first thing Sunday morning back to Vegas. I want to hit a couple side trails on my way home and take the scenic route. I've always wanted to explore Box canyon up between Mecca and I10 and there's a huge abandoned mining town as well about 20 minutes out of my way I've heard is really cool to go explore that I want to check out as well on my way home.

Khris

I've always wanted to explore Box canyon up between Mecca and I10

We take the Box Canyon rd to get to Truck Haven. Cool area.

We take the Box Canyon rd to get to Truck Haven. Cool area.

I've been camping in box canyon pretty much every January since 1992 (I missed 1 year). Its not like it used to be, but still "neat". All the old boy scout ladders are gone but there is still hiking stuff at the end of the canyon.

Unfortunately, I think last year was the last year as all the founders of the trip have passed on and the next generation all live too far away to afford the trip out.. It is a great place to camp for a week though..

~Mark

Edit: Oh yea, Van is all loaded, cooler is full of food.. I take off in < 9 hours or so.. I'd like to get there before the sun gets too far down since you drive in from the East and I have to stop in Brawly to pickup my firewood that is waiting for me.

I hope to have an early day out here in oc and head back home to load up. Might make it out fri afternoon but most likely be there sat morning.

Almost ready. :thumbsup: Most of our supplies are loaded into the Trailer, Firewood loaded into my explorer. Will have to see if Chris can fit some more into his when we load his Thursday night. We will hit the road Friday morning and will be out there by noon. Hope to see you all this weekend. :salute:

Depending how feisty I'm feeling tonight I may even hit the road and head out an hour or two and setup camp in the middle of nowhere solo for the night. Just a good quiet get away type night... Not sure... Quiet and solitude vs. comfort, my bed, netflix. LOL Either way, I'll be out there sometime tomorrow at a reasonable time.

ForumRunner_20131024_172347.jpg

Party in the desert!

No. Marina Dr has been graded... Finally!

Turns out that I won't be able to stop by :(

..Sorry to her you can't make it..:(

..I've got good news and bad news of my own..

..The good news is, an Atlas is now installed in my Ranger...:hammer:

..The bad news is, its still up on a hoist and will be tied up for a bit of tomorrow...I will be bringing the X out after the mechanican and pulling the X out of storage duty, and then the usual get ready stuff..

..Depending on traffic I will be out either tomorrow night or leave early Saturday a.m. and be at camp before Char hollers those famous word's...

..:scratch:...What were those words again?..:D

Well good news...finished up all my work today and heading home tomorrow morning. Friday afternoon arrival is looking like a possibility...see you all out there

Bought firewood, drinks, snacks, etc. I'm taking my high school age son with me. We will be leaving Friday afternoon. I'm taking a small grill, charcoal, tools and my AAA card. Hope I make it in one piece. My # is 562-287-9020

Zukman dropped off there trailer at my place so I don't need to rent one. I'll get loaded up in the morning and once the kids are out of school, we'll head out. Should be there at dusk.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back