2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

At least you have time to get it done and it didn't happen on the way out. That would have been REALLY bad:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are out. Sue's surgery has now been moved 3 times! It isnow set for 4 pm Fri the 25th, of course that might change again!

Dang that sucks. Sucks for Sue that she'll have to continue to wait:eek:

At least you have time to get it done and it didn't happen on the way out. That would have been REALLY bad:eek:

Well, I managed to weld that bracket back on without exploding.

I only set the Van on fire twice. Well, the undercoating caught fire but I put it out without having to use the extinguisher I had under the van with me..

~Mark

Weather for next weekend..:D

Fri
Sunny
Hi: 88
Lo:56
W: E@8mph

Sat
Sunny
Hi: 85
Lo:55
W: NNW@9mph

Sun
Sunny
Hi: 84
Lo:54
W: N@8mph

[MENTION=11068]david alfaro[/MENTION] how is it looking Dave? Think you'll be able to join us in the desert?

..:shifty_ey ..I talked to our P/T Canadian transplant and he's getting ready for TH...

..He said there is way to much snow flying up north so count him in, and he may be bringing his better half..:D

!@#$%^&*()$$@#!!!

10393353335_2b34fefa01_z.jpg

Bad 225x75r15 GreenBall Towmaster tire by maniak_az, on Flickr

This is one of the newer tires (2 years old). It went bad just sitting over the last 9 months.. The other 3 look good.. and so do the spares.. Go figure...

Hopefully this is the last thing to do now that I fixed the sending unit on the mid tank on the van (was full of gas) and replaced a bad axle seal on the dana 61 on the Van too.

~Mark

..You must get your tires from the same place Rick does..Guaranteed to go bad just before or on the way to Truckhaven..:p:

..Talking about tires...I just noticed I have a bunch of cactus needles on the sidewalls of the tires of my X from my Arizona trip..I broke them all off by hand except one really stubborn one..

..Even though it was thin, it was a long one..and I know better..:banghead:

..You must get your tires from the same place Rick does..:p:
I think we do...

I found my receipt for the bad tire.. Its from Discount.. and they don't carry that tire anymore (Greenball), at least it's not on discounttire.com. It's pro-rated at 33% per year so in theory I'll get $30-$40 back on the tire.

My cheap Gladiator tires seem to be holding up better but I don't know where to find those.

My only choices right now are carlile (cheap at $108 each) and Maxxis for $140..

I "might" pick up a maxxis (or 2) and see how they hold up.. for 50% more, they better last better.

~Mark

So I need to make tire covers for that too?????????

Big-O was selling the same Tow Master tires by Greenball. They aren't selling them anymore either.

Getting prepped the next few days..

I get to drive to Manteca first, load up there, and head on down I-5. With the BART strike, traffic just outright sucks in the SF Bay area right now.

Going to bring Isabella the dog down with me. Going to be interesting to see how she handles everything.

Got the hitch extension built yesterday, and cut down the rear-bump stops on the zuk. I'm going to leave off the belly and gas tank armor, and with no rocker protection, so I'll be looking to do the easy stuff.

Oh, I will be there sometime Thursday, and leaving Monday AM back to the SF Bay area.

Hopefully, BART will be running on Monday..

I'm planning to head out sometime Friday morning as of now... Looks like it's about 300 miles from door to Salton City for me. If I can be out the door and on the road by 8am at the latest I'd hope to be out there by 1ish.

Hopefully no one is opposed to a big goofy dog! He's great around other dogs and people but is a terror with food! I'll have to keep him on the leash when eating is going on for sure!

...Big Goofy dog's are welcome..:biggthump

..and you can bring your pooch with you too..:p:

Welp government shutdown has ended. And my drill that was cancelled earlier in the month has been rescheduled to this weekend. I hope all you fine folks have a great time wheeling out there. Looking forward to seeing the after action reports and pictures.

Is it time to leave yet? :bounce:

Attachments

• photo (48).JPG
    photo (48).JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 203

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back