2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

Looks like I'm IN.

The stars aligning!

I'll have my dog with me, who has never offroaded.. plus the zuk will be missing most of it's armor (no time to finish it). I'll probably be doing the little dog runs.

My current plan is to leave SF wednesday night, grab some sleep at the Tejon Pass/Frazier Park rest stop, head to truckhaven on thursday AM, hopefully getting there sometime in the afternoon.

I am planning on leaving Monday AM, so hopefully someone will stay all day Sunday.

:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Looking forward to seeing you out there and to check out your new toys..:biggthump

..Will you be bringing your dutch oven?

There's a real good chance that Char and I will be there until Monday:thumbsup:

..Will you be bringing your dutch oven?

That would be Brother_Of_Jefe who has the dutch oven.

I'm still working what exactly I am going to bring.

..See....It's been way to long since you've been down and you deserve to go to Truckhaven..:D

..I don't know why I always think it was you who made the cobbler that got extra crispy when all the Xmas trees were tossed on top of it while it was still cooking..:eek:

..Hopefully Brother of Jefe will chime in that he can make this trip too...

..Anyone heard from PaulB.?..The Anaheim car show he usually attends is this weekend so I'm hoping he will post up one way or the other as he has come out before without the rig just to ride along and catch up on what's happening with everybody..

..I don't know why I always think it was you who made the cobbler that got extra crispy when all the Xmas trees were tossed on top of it while it was still cooking..:eek:

That was funny...everyone must have been antsy, grabbed a tree and tossed it into the fire before Jeff or John could stop them. Jeff yelled something to the effect of " the cobbler is still cooking!"...as a 20 ft. wall of flame lights up the sky lol.

I have some black shock boots I can throw in for the raffle.

Tbars: Sorry I missed the post about a run for yesterday. With the shutdown and all, I wasn't able to make the Off-road expo as funds are a little tighter then I thought they would be ($400 dollar training check gone for the forseeable future.) Also hoping to find some more little odds and ends to get down on the Explorer including figuring out quick disconnects and oil change.

We are planning on being there either Wed or Thurs
zukmam is having cervical spine surgery on the 15th
If you want a movie you will have to help set up and take down
She will not be able to lift anything

Since others are going to show up on Thursday, I'll move my head out day to Thursday too.

~Mark

If you want a movie you will have to help set up and take down

That's what Steve is for:p:...i'd be glad to lend a hand.
Hope all goes well with the surgery:thumbsup:

Sure I can give her a "Hand"
clap.gif

:D

M-m-m! I`d like to have fun there. But I`m not an US resident. So pity!

M-m-m! I`d like to have fun there. But I`m not an US resident. So pity!

That's ok, we have tons of illegals here already:p:

..I just got back to town and even though it's still summertime and the big "W" is in the area, gas has dropped about 20 cents..:biggthump

..I just got back to town and even though it's still summertime and the big "W" is in the area, gas has dropped about 20 cents..:biggthump

I'm getting close.. I filled the van.. I fit 45 gallons in there.. Got 35 gallons at $2.25 and 10 gallons @ $3.25.

I've been driving the Van to work for a few days.. headlights work well, ride is better (did suspension work) and I have enough points saved up that I can get $.60 off a gallon and $1.00 off a gallon. That should help when I fill up in Yuma.

I also got the verbal OK for my days off. So, I am going to be there on Thursday noon to early afternoon..

I'm going to do my part to keep the Big W away.. I got another pair of goggles ordered from Amazon to replace the set I lost.

~Mark

The Navajo is running great, I'm in.

See you there
IMG_2626_zps5d6c2d2d.jpg

We are out. Sue's surgery has now been moved 3 times! It isnow set for 4 pm Fri the 25th, of course that might change again!

Icarus just received suspention seats so the original Eddie Bauer tan front seats are now available, these are the lumbar seats fully adjustable. If any one is interested I can send them with Steve. Sold as a full front set only. asking $250 obo

Holy crap! I will not be following that rig above! LOL Can't wait to see how you did the body mods though!

Gotta work on all the cars this weekend, and start getting ready. Get the trailer Thursday, and I'm off Friday, but everyone else has school, so we'll be heading out and be there probably just as the sun is going down.

I have some parts for the sale too, I think...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

!@#$%^&* - Just when I think things are all coming together.. I snapped a gas tank hanger for the 36 gallon tank (the full one) on the Van. The mount ripped right from the frame/crossmember. It was "glued" on from the factory.

Looks like I have one last repair (I hope) to get done...

~Mark

Back