• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2016 Explorer with MFT - Add Climate Control to Instrument Cluster

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
2016 Explorer with MFT - Add Climate Control/Temp to Instrument Cluster

I am going to be offering this mod to members here. This WILL require a dealer visit unless you have access to someone with Ford IDS programming software.

I am asking for a $10 Paypal donation for this but it is not required. I do have to spend some time altering your vehicle programming. Instructions will be provided for the IDS (dealer software) programmer.

As this is being offered to MEMBERS here you must send me a private message...I will not accept emails for this modification. You need to provide the VIN and email address.

Thanks

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

14XTT

Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Is this 2016 only, or will it work on earlier years?

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
2016 as the title states

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
I'd really like to do this, will most dealers do this?

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
I can't speak for dealers but it is a simple process.

RBalwinski

Reaction score
City, State
SE Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Any pictures of before and after? Don't quite understand what this mod does.

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
After pics only. Sorry had some issues posting from the phone.

Before would be no climate control.

Attachments

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
That would be a nice addition. Just wonder if my dealer would be "game".

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
Today I realized there was something else missing....the temp display

Added that...

Attachments

Jusplayn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer
Hi...What exactly needs to be done? i have access to dealer.
Thanks!
Keith

Junkmann2

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ex Limited & Sport
I really like this, and it is a great addition to the display. I use the display all the time with the steering wheel controls. My wife is always telling me to keep my eyes on the road. She is the one that went off the road 20 years ago and hit a boulder, and totaled the car. Never got an explanation as to what happened, but surely she wasn't watching where she was going. :eek:

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
You send me a PM with your VIN and email address and I alter the programming for use with IDS. So either you need to take it to a dealer or someone who has IDS.

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
This is the same process used for adding options to the police interceptors...dealers usually will do it for those but then again perhaps its because they are dealing with LE rather than a "normal" customer.

As far as harming the vehicle...I test everything I do first...my Taurus and now my Explorer haven't ever been harmed....I even turned my Taurus into a Lincoln for a bit to test things...lol

WayneonLI

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
I really like this, and it is a great addition to the display. I use the display all the time with the steering wheel controls. My wife is always telling me to keep my eyes on the road. She is the one that went off the road 20 years ago and hit a boulder, and totaled the car. Never got an explanation as to what happened, but surely she wasn't watching where she was going. :eek:
Similar thing happened to my wife years ago when she hit a tree. As for an explanation, she said "it wasn't my fault! I blew the horn!" :D

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Platinum
I am going to be offering this mod to members here. This WILL require a dealer visit unless you have access to someone with Ford IDS programming software.

I am asking for a $10 Paypal donation for this but it is not required. I do have to spend some time altering your vehicle programming. Instructions will be provided for the IDS (dealer software) programmer.

As this is being offered to MEMBERS here you must send me a private message...I will not accept emails for this modification. You need to provide the VIN and email address.

Thanks
Would this work on the Platinum as well?

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
Would this work on the Platinum as well?
Wouldn't know without trying. I pulled up the programming and the layout is pretty much the same.

One thing I noticed with the Platinum programming....it shows it has global windows (open/close)(that is if the programming layout really is the same). Can you confirm if this works?

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Platinum
Wouldn't know without trying. I pulled up the programming and the layout is pretty much the same.

One thing I noticed with the Platinum programming....it shows it has global windows (open/close)(that is if the programming layout really is the same). Can you confirm if this works?
I don't know what that means -- global windows? I'll gladly confirm anything once I comprehend what you are asking :).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Platinum
Thanks for the link & no, it didn't work.