2022 xlt ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 xlt ordered

still trying to figure out how I placed my order end of feb and other have build dates and or actually received their vehicle and other than a "hey we received your order" I haven't heard anything from Ford....doesn't make sense to me other than maybe my dealer had a lot of explorer orders and I'm down the line.....I do know that I'm a priority 10 now
did your dealer allocate or did they just order it. that could be an issue too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did your dealer allocate or did they just order it. that could be an issue too.
yeah I have no clue, wish I knew that answer lol, I actually just emailed the sales dude and had him add the sports pkg to by build, and I still have that priority 10 code

yeah I have no clue, wish I knew that answer lol, I actually just emailed the sales dude and had him add the sports pkg to by build, and I still have that priority 10 code
I think it may be too late to change/modify the order at this point. Have you received the D.O.R.A. from Ford/salesman?

Peter

I think it may be too late to change/modify the order at this point. Have you received the D.O.R.A. from Ford/salesman?

Peter
I don't believe so, I know that he updated the order with the sports package, and re sent an updated build order. He said as long has it hasn't been scheduled or went into production, then I can make as many changes/updates to the order as I want to. But at this point, I'm pretty comfortable with the final build on it.

You should have received 2 documents after the order was placed. The first is the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) and the second is the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA). The latter is an indication from Ford that the order has been received. These are usually sent to the dealership and notification should be forwarded to the customer. Ask your sales "dude" about them.

Peter

march 30th when i made this thread. it came in april 27th. so i was under 30 days from order to delivery.
That's not normal. Not even in the pre-pandemic days when the standard was 8-10 weeks. Perhaps it was already in production and the customer cancelled their order.

Peter

That's not normal. Not even in the pre-pandemic days when the standard was 8-10 weeks. Perhaps it was already in production and the customer cancelled their order.

Peter
i was a week off on my order date was the march 19th had to look at my email. i received on the date i posted. the lot ordered a few more during that time period and all where built and arrived same time. girl in town ordered a gray one a day before it came in same day as mine. so 38 days from order date to arrival.

Peter
Our KR took 111 days from order to delivery, which is about 16 weeks.

Our KR took 111 days from order to delivery, which is about 16 weeks.
That is the more common timeframe these days.

Peter

Anyone know how long you have to pick up/purchase your vehicle after it finally arrives at the dealership? Or how long will the dealership hold it for you?

My current timeline is looking like I'll be on vacation for 10days when it comes in and I'm hoping that won't cause any problems...

Anyone know how long you have to pick up/purchase your vehicle after it finally arrives at the dealership? Or how long will the dealership hold it for you?

My current timeline is looking like I'll be on vacation for 10days when it comes in and I'm hoping that won't cause any problems...
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The best thing to do is to talk to your dealership/salesperson and advise them of your situation. They are the only ones that can tell you.

Peter

Coming up on Friday - a week before my re-scheduled 4th build date . Friday's the day I usually get the email changing the date . Can't wait to see if it happens again !! :cool:

and now i dont have a 2022. i lost everything i own in a flood including it. barely survived myself with my family. i guess i will try to order another once insurance and fema gets there stuff together.

and now i dont have a 2022. i lost everything i own in a flood including it. barely survived myself with my family. i guess i will try to order another once insurance and fema gets there stuff together.
Sorry to hear that but glad to hear that everyone survived. I have seen the news coverage of what the floods have done and feel sorry for all those affected and displaced by the rising water. From what I heard an hour or so ago, it seems more rain is expected. Hope you and the family can stay safe.

Peter

Sorry to hear that but glad to hear that everyone survived. I have seen the news coverage of what the floods have done and feel sorry for all those affected and displaced by the rising water. From what I heard an hour or so ago, it seems more rain is expected. Hope you and the family can stay safe.

Peter
we are at my moms which is much higher and on the other side of the county. total loss to everything i own.

we are at my moms which is much higher and on the other side of the county. total loss to everything i own.

well that sure sucks. Hope you recover well. Wishing you the best.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoa, that's a disaster, glad you and family survived! Sorry to hear all your stuff is gone, house can't be very good either after all that.Praying for you and yours. Getting food and shelter or waiting on it?

Back