22 XLT ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22 XLT ordered

Well, All, my saga has ended for this sub-forum. I took delivery of my '22 Timberline on Friday evening! Good luck to everyone still patiently waiting for their vehicles. It's worth the wait!

I was lucky, just 3 months from order to delivery. The auto start/stop, rear HVAC controls, and rear seat heater controls have all been deleted by the factory and I signed the dealer paperwork for them to be re-installed at a later date free of charge.
Do you have the hands-free liftgate? I see that item being deleted now with no provision to add it later.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stopped at the dealership today. Order was accepted by ford and it looks like I have one ahead of me for orders here. Someone ordered one the day before me. My salesman said it will most likely be scheduled for a September build.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I see you just got the order in before the deadline.:)

Peter

Do you have the hands-free liftgate? I see that item being deleted now with no provision to add it later.

Peter
When I ordered my limited on 6/7/22 I was told no hands free lift gate anymore. Ford removed it due to chips.

Peter
I do not, it is not an option for the Timberline trim level.

There's several features that I would have gladly added (and paid for!) if they were eligible for the Timberline trim. Seems like an oversight on Ford's part not to allow the larger 10" vertical screen, memory & ventilated seats, hands free lift gate, etc. for the Timberline.

I do not, it is not an option for the Timberline trim level.

There's several features that I would have gladly added (and paid for!) if they were eligible for the Timberline trim. Seems like an oversight on Ford's part not to allow the larger 10" vertical screen, memory & ventilated seats, hands free lift gate, etc. for the Timberline.
They love packages. No more picking and choosing lol. They have changed the option packages a lot since this generation came out. We had a 2018 xlt and when we started looking at 2020’s we noticed we had to go up to a limited to keep some of the same options we had on the 2018. We had to sacrifice options due to our budget. Now fast forward to 2022 and they changed again. Some of the options we had on the 2020 xlt were no longer available without jumping to limited again. It’s annoying.

Peter
i wonder why they cant add it later its a simple plug in sensor from everything ive seen. i still wonder when ill get my hvac controls in. not heard anything further about it. im about to sneak and swap the 2020 at works controls into mine lol.

Back