• Register Today It's free!

22 XLT ordered

tomcatproduces

Reaction score
City, State
Zephyrhills, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
xlt 2022 explorer
I ordered an XLT on May 9th, got a vehicle price breakdown on the 10th and a confirmation email from ford. The only thing we did was change the paint color and the breakdown already had the removal of the rear air controls. My sales person says I should get my VIN before he does so how does my timeline look?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going by some of the timelines posted, I'm guessing that it may be built around mid-August assuming the shortage of chips may have been resolved to some degree.

Peter

Got a Vin number now and a build date of 6/27. Wondering if that will move up since I don't have any extras.

Got a Vin number now and a build date of 6/27. Wondering if that will move up since I don't have any extras.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the date shift a few times. Coincidentally, June 27th is when they start production of the 2023 Aviator in the same factory.

Peter

I wouldn't be surprised to see the date shift a few times. Coincidentally, June 27th is when they start production of the 2023 Aviator in the same factory.

Peter
Well I know that they have many different dates that they are working in May so maybe it will get bumped up haha.

Ordered March 8th . Got a build date of May 30th . Then changed to May 23rd . Then May 9th . Then back to May 30th . Waiting to see if it changes again , since it's coming up on a week away . 2022 Timberline .

Ordered April 7th . Got a build date of May 7th . Then changed to June 3rd . Checked today (05/24) and it's "In Production"!

2022 Timberline. Hope to have it before end of June.

Well - in production (allegedly) . Blend date - 5-Jun-22 . We'll see.

Just got my status updated to "Awaiting Shipment"! It's going by convoy, so does anyone have an idea on a dealer ETA?

Ordered 04/07
Got a build date of 05/07 then changed to 06/03
"In production" on 05/24 (Window sticker available, blend date of 06/03)
"Built" on 06/06
"Awaiting Shipment" on 06/10

Just got my status updated to "Awaiting Shipment"! It's going by convoy, so does anyone have an idea on a dealer ETA?

Ordered 04/07
"Built" on 06/06

I believe they all go by "Convoy". In your case that likely means railcar. There are too many variables to predict the possible ETA. End of June seems like a good bet.

Peter

Ordered 04/07
"Built" on 06/06

Nice . I ordered same model 03-March . Got 4 different build dates . In production 03-June . Blend date - 06-June . And nothing - keep seeing "In production" on tracker . Nothing from Ford for emails/updates .

Finally built . Awaiting shipment - July 1 - 7 possibly .

🤔 - Now listed as shipped . We'll see .
Nice! Mine was updated to "Shipped to dealer" on Wednesday 06/15. I'm hoping it's ready at the end of June and maybe I can capitalize on some 4th of July sales.

Ordered 04/07
"Built" on 06/06
"Shipped to Dealer" on 06/15

Well - here's another shocker - it went from Built - to shipped - just checked tracker - it now says "In production" . This is a joke .

Well - here's another shocker - it went from Built - to shipped - just checked tracker - it now says "In production" . This is a joke .
Good to see that the tracker is still working normally. :rolleyes:

Peter

Well - built and shipped . Arrival from week of July 1-8 . Aaaaaaand - nothing .

I ordered a limited 301a package in atlas blue on June 7th. Got the confirmation email. That’s all. Nothing else yet.

Well, All, my saga has ended for this sub-forum. I took delivery of my '22 Timberline on Friday evening! Good luck to everyone still patiently waiting for their vehicles. It's worth the wait!

Here's my timeline for anyone in the future that is curious about the dates for each milestone:

Ordered 04/07
"Built" on 06/06
"Shipped to Dealer" on 06/15
"Delivered" on 07/07
Went to the dealership to complete the purchase on 07/08

I was lucky, just 3 months from order to delivery. The auto start/stop, rear HVAC controls, and rear seat heater controls have all been deleted by the factory and I signed the dealer paperwork for them to be re-installed at a later date free of charge.

IMG_2141.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stopped at the dealership today. Order was accepted by ford and it looks like I have one ahead of me for orders here. Someone ordered one the day before me. My salesman said it will most likely be scheduled for a September build.

Back