33s vs 35s with 5.5 inch superlift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33s vs 35s with 5.5 inch superlift

huh for real even sit still ??you kidn right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well yea but I don't see no jack

well yea but I don't see no jack
That big red thing in the middle of the picture.

hpim0475xs9.jpg

hha nevermind I see it now I thoght that was just a stap hanging off the front,im on my pda phone its real small! haha

haah yea you beat me too it I was hoping I got my reply before you replied

I know this is old. but my plan is 5.5 " lift and 33's.
but I guess I get some 35's later.. need $ for gears first :)

That is essential, minimum should put 4.56 or higher, depending on how you use it to your vehicle.

That is essential, minimum should put 4.56 or higher, depending on how you use it to your vehicle.
I am looking at 4.88 gears:thumbsup:

But i don't think this is somthing that going to happend soon.. if i go with 35's and 4.88 i get lockers to.. maby next year:thumbsup:

I ran 4.88s with 32s for a few years. Planned ahead knowing id get to 35s. Glad I did. Almost wish I would of gone 513s(or relative) Im running the 5.5 lift and 3 in body and still rub with 35s on

i have 33x12.5x15 with a 5.5 superlift and a 3 inch bodylift. i really dont like the way it looks. i am going up to a 35" tire. the biggest problem is the wheel well gap is massive. the issue i am having is even with all the gap in height, the way the tires turn there is still a little rubbing issue with a 35" tire.

i have 33x12.5x15 with a 5.5 superlift and a 3 inch bodylift. i really dont like the way it looks. i am going up to a 35" tire. the biggest problem is the wheel well gap is massive. the issue i am having is even with all the gap in height, the way the tires turn there is still a little rubbing issue with a 35" tire.
You can trim where they rub. I imagine it's at the back of the fender? Search the site for how other people have trimmed to clear tires. Good luck.

ya i am either going to run those baja flared fenders or cut and roll my existing ones.

Back