4.0 SOHC Metal Thermostat Housing Comparison | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 SOHC Metal Thermostat Housing Comparison

I I used a big Allen wrench

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Idk big

I've got 3-years on the Simmons Autosport housing (2010 Explorer) and about 50k miles. No problems, no regrets.
Same here on my 2001 ST. Worth every penny. You get what you pay for.

I think it was a 10 mm but don't kno for sure
What did you use on the thread in barb for the heater pipe? i used thread tape and its leaking still

.I used gray rtv on everything

Not sure if anyone noticed or posted seeing the aluminum & metal thermostat housings now available on RockAuto, from Dorman (metal) and SKP (aluminum). They were available under the 2 years I looked up 2002 & 2008. Didn't see it posted on here & just thought I'd let anyone know looking into the plastic-to-metal swap that there's another option out there to look at...

Can you scroll thru RockAuto and post up the page with the metal/cast unit the two-sensor version?

Sadly I replaced mine with a Motorcraft version back in 2018 when I did the water-pump & now I see the bottom half has spider-cracking somewhere is changing a shade-of-black indicating it might start to leak... again!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you scroll thru RockAuto and post up the page with the metal/cast unit the two-sensor version?

Sadly I replaced mine with a Motorcraft version back in 2018 when I did the water-pump & now I see the bottom half has spider-cracking somewhere is changing a shade-of-black indicating it might start to leak... again!

Info was on page 1 post 1 of this thread lol

Back