410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier" | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

As of last week RCV is basically refusing to do anything about it so...
RCV is refusing to do anything about it??! I thought they had a lifetime warranty, especially against manufacture defects which is clearly the case. I was planning on ordering a set of RCV axles for my D44 front by the end of the year to remove another failure point, but no way am I doing that now. If they don't honor a manufactures defect, what are the chances they will honor the warranty if you blow one up on the trail?? Another long standing company with a excellent reputation going to crap. Very disappointed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ditto, add another company to my black list.

RCV is refusing to do anything about it??! I thought they had a lifetime warranty, especially against manufacture defects which is clearly the case. I was planning on ordering a set of RCV axles for my D44 front by the end of the year to remove another failure point, but no way am I doing that now. If they don't honor a manufactures defect, what are the chances they will honor the warranty if you blow one up on the trail?? Another long standing company with a excellent reputation going to crap. Very disappointed.
I spoke with RCV directly multiple times, even gave them their part numbers that came right off the axle and they basically told me to go pound sand on each occasion.

During one conversation they told me even if they would do it they wouldn't even get to it for 6 months as their standard in stock supply comes first before anything custom.

Such BS considering they sent out a part that wasn't even completed from the factory

Adem at TTD got pretty much the same response so he ended up finding another company to build out the replacements.

I had a great email chain back and forth with him over the last week and he even helped me locate a custom shock configuration I wanted.

I just don't want RCV's bs to taint anyone's thoughts with TTD

I bet they jump right on it when one of the Ultra 4 sponsored rigs breaks one. Total BS, no way no how would I do business with them after hearing about this. Can you send the defective parts back for a refund?

Is there a alternative to RCV?

I too have the TTD 4x4 +2 kit and same issue drivers side axle will not fit in the diff. I’m waiting on Adem as well he was hoping to get more axles from RCV in about 16 weeks, this was in February. I contacted RCV as well I even offered to pay RCV to have axle splines cut correctly and shipping both ways. RCV told me “sorry we can’t help you. You need to go through TTD.” I previously have heard good things about RCV. If they had a problem with the machining process that’s fine stuff happens, but not fixing the issue that’s not good business.

Good luck 410 and Jolene

I believe there's a good use of social media for that kind of problem. Create a petition among people both owning the defective parts, and big supporters of the industry that RCV enjoys as customers. They should see that long line of names, who potentially could spread the news about their customer service.

Greetings all, I normally just make comments but 410fortune is having spotty internet today and asked that I let you all know in light of JoleneTheExplorers news we have put the axels aside for now and have moved to the drive train.

I know this is an expensive and not easy way to fix it, but maybe you guys should see if moser or Dutchman could fix it. I bet money they can. Or maybe Adem should. Poor form for rcv. It’s too bad. Makes we wonder if a big conglomerate has or is close to buying them. It seems like that is what happens to all the good quality brands anymore. And when they get bought out they go straight to crap.

i would call an axle shop to re-spline the axles. axle splines are not machined, they are broached and have very specific pressure angles and involute profiles. 30* and 45* are the most common among with the involute profile to match. pretty impossible to do with a amazon diamond cutoff wheel.

any axles shop should be able to help you. broaches arent hundreds of thousands of dollars lol.
dutchman axles, moser axles to name a few. id google and see whats in your area.
i know TCS Performance Products & Machining can help you cuz they've resplined axles for me in the past. they are in Ontario, CA
just a heads up, axles are hardened. so theyll have to anneal them, broach, and re heat treat. might just be worth buying nicer ones.

Allright here we go 2021.......... I mean 2020 was interesting enough does it really have to continue?

So the same day I get back to working on this truck, grinding away on the axle, I get a text from Eddie Money, ""STOP GRINDING!"

"True travel is going to fix the axles......read the posts."
I was like WTF? I asked him to cover for me that day because my internet was inop.

No email from Adem of True travel about our axle shaft here? I was/am a little pissed about that.
FYI I have STILL not heard back from TT about what to do with this axleshaft, and another week has passed!!!!!!!!!!!
Its like going to battle to try and build anything during Covid...what a huge PITA. THANKS ALOT RCV?????
I could have some words with them right now that is for sure.... but I have more pressing matters to attend to so I will WAIT to hear from ADEM

I wrote him last week asking why I was not contacted and allowed to keep dremmeling, I have been in touch with him every step of the way....until now.
I hope to hear from him soon.

Regardless let me fill you guys in on something
The same day I am back in the shop, finally getting back on the blue 07, my stepson James had a seizure. James is 33 years old, and he has had a rough year. L:ast year he found out he has stage 4 melanoma....had surgery on his abdomen. He recovered from that.... then back in January he started to act confused one day, ran him in....find out it has moved to his brain. He had brain surgery in Seattle to remove a tumor. He recovered from that!!...now only a few months later he had a serious issue....this time bleeding on the brain, he had what is called a AVM in his brain. It started bleeding and he had a seizure.
His mother and I had to get him down the stairs, into the 4 wheeler, down the road and to meet the ambulance
We saved his life.... and now a week later he is in the ICU. He had another brain surgery, this time not cancer related...
They removed the mass of nerves from his head.
James suffered quite a bit on this one.
He is awake, speaking, moving, etc...he has only been conscious for three days now and he will require rehabilitation and full time care, at least for some weeks. His wife and mother are with him today.
The whole family is picking up the slack
Another setback for us, but we shall persevere!!!!!!!

I do not know what will happen with the axles haft, this is out of my control.
The king shocks are still being built
So I am moving on. I blew out my back last week with that whole adventure, now I am nursing it along
It will be fine in a few days, I am used to this kind of back pain

I will be wiring up the drivetrain, installing the wiring and the dash, so I can place the seats.
I have the next 10-14+ weeks completely dedicated to this truck, no other projects aside from the usual homesteading and repairs to our own junk.
I will get this SOB BUILT! EDDIE has been waaay too nice and patient with me, but he knows he can trust me. It is extremely important to me to get this truck built, in fact my whole family had Eddie's back encouraging me to get back to it (clear my schedule)
When I finish this truck I have a sport trac project to build, I am building myself a new daily driver........ so there is some more motivation

I am sorry for the delays, I am not the type to make excuses and a promise is your word.
Oh and the friggin internet thing, here at the homestead we had Huighesnet satellite internet, which was fast enough for my use, but it was costing us over $130 a month!!! So we cancelled it. We now use two Verizon "Jet pack" hot spots which work okay but they are limited... We are waiting for Elon Musk's Starlink which we signed up for and have a deposit in place for months ago. So for right now I have limited internet access, but that will not stop me from doing updates!!

Stay tuned
PLEASE Send well Wishes towards James, he is currently in the ICU in Spokane with rehab planned for the next two weeks coming soon.
This has been very hard on all of us, but especially his daughter, his wife, his mother and his brother.....we are all very close and live/work together here in N Idaho. I know he can recover from this one too.......we look forward to having him back. He is young and he is strong!!

BATTLE ON!!!!

God Bless your son in law James, and your family.

That's a rough deal. I'm rooting for him. Hang in there man.

Remember, this forum is your extended family. We bicker and argue just like immediate families do, BUT...all that gets set aside when it matters, especially when it comes to loved ones. 💪

Wishing you and your family all the best Jamie. That's a really tough break for the young man :(

I just got our Starlink last Friday and it's working awesome. It's definitely worth the wait. If you haven't already seen it, check my post in the moderator forum.

We will pray for James’ recovery.

Praying for y'all...

Hey all, when James was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma they created a GoFundMe page to help James and his family. With Jamie's permission I am putting the link up here for anyone who wants to do more.

James has a wife and daughter and has needed his family during these trying times. Everyone around this hard working family has pitched in and done what they can to help and support James and his family. If you can please show your love by donating from your heart to the GoFundMe page to help James in his recovery I know they will all be grateful.

Here is a Go Fund Me page his sister in law started, if anyone is interested in helping, every little bit helps.

Thank you for all the well wishing and prayers!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back