410Fortune goes wheeling!!! ??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Fortune goes wheeling!!! ???

well she turned 290K miles on this trip :)
90k.jpg

The v8 is awesome on the trail, everything on the truck worked flawlessly!!
The air line for my front locker is leaking just a bit at the compressor, but thats likely because I just built a manifold there last week...so I will have to look into that.
I need to adjust/replace/modify my shifter a bit (again, 57 millionth time) I cannot get into 1st gear for engine braking, so the whole day was basically just in D and low range. The weather was awesome and we had a blast!

Slaughterhouse Gultch 4x4 loop:

there are some mud pits up there, water level is low this time of year, after the snow run off this pit is about 3 times that size
mudpit.jpg

Amazing up there!! IN 1-2 months the Aspens will be changing, I will be going back...Slaughterhouse has likley more Aspens then any other trail around
view1.jpg

view2.jpg

Girl (Amber):
ambs.jpg

Truck:
truck1.jpg

Girl and truck:
ambs2.jpg

ambsb21.jpg

amb23.jpg

This was Ambers first time ever 4x4ing, and also her Birthday weekend. She is addicted now I think, and can finally understand why somebody would want an old lifted bronco :) She did very well only getting a bit anxious a few times, saying things like "are we going up that" and "how did it just do that?" after using both lockers to climb up the face of a 4' rock :)

typical trail, though there are some technical sections and some rocks.
trail.jpg

Sorry no real "action" pics this day but I will be going out again soon.

truck2.jpg

wherethetrailends.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quite the nice scenery! :D

Ok, he's been out once this year, and with his GF to boot.

Let's start a pool. I say, 6 months before he goes again..

Jamie, mark your calendar - Truckhaven 2007, Jan 2007.

SURE you went up there to look at the aspens... :rolleyes: :D

I know the routine -- get her all scared and stuff, then be the big strong man. :D :thumbsup:

Congrats on getting that truck muddy again.

Now if I can get mine running, that will be two of us that have actually made it out of the shop.

Keep those trail pics coming. Where did you get that hood ornament next to last pic?

I picked up the hood ornament downtown at the federal court of appeals :)

Thats right shes a friggin lawyer, she has a new job working for a new judge here in Denver, one step below the U S Supreme Court :)

So did you let he drive? You think she is additited now wait til sh get to climb that big rock herself.

^^ I dont think you got much wheeling in, if you know what I mean :) ^^

Lookin good Jamie.

CARNAGE!

Thats right I found some damage to the truck from this trip!
I broke a bolt hahaha it is a grade 5 carriage bolt that attaches my front skid plate to the beam. The skid plate was still on the truck but only held on by the other bolt.
I used a carriage bolt because I wanted a flat surface for the bottom of the skid plate.
When I saw Matt (rockranger) attached his front diff skid plate with grade 8 bolts instead (not flat) I asked him why he didnt use a carriage bolt. He said because of strength issues :)

Well now I know why, I knew the plate took a nice hit on a large rock, but I did not expect to find it sidways under the truck!

Do they make stronger carriage bolts? hehehe this one sheared right off :)

She did not drive on this trip, but before we got there she did mention it, we'll ahve to work up to that. I did let her get out and watch the truck work a bit on a flexy hill climb so she could see how the suspension articulates, spotter in training? we shall see...we will be going more often now....I have decided to move the WINCH up on my list of priorities for this truck. In CO there is almost always a tree around somewhere to pull from....there were a couple of spots where if I lost a locker or two we would have been FUBAR'ed.
Slaughterhouse is more washed out then it has been in previous years. They also have the best climb/challenge up there closed off, it has been for some time now and as long as people keep going around the closed sign (widening the trail with a bypass, going off the trail, destroying the rebuilding work they are trying to rebuild) it will remain closed. It's a shame, that first hill with the huge whoops is the whole reason for driving up there.....

whatever hombre believe what you will I have plenty more pictures where these came from, you can also look on my myspace and she her in my top 8, her name is Amber and I have known her for over 12 years....

I have no need to make up stories or a girlfriend for myself hahaha nor do I even have those photo shop skills.....

Why is it that everybody on this site thinks that we are all a bunch of low life losers incapable of apealing to attractive women.

Not sure, perspective?

hahaha I think its just the internet, its not true until it has a picture, with some sort of time stamp, notorized, and witnessed, and even then it still could be a photochop :)

I think its just my camera rocks, she was wearing pink and Colorado is so gorgeous it looks fake :) It is funny how she is popping out of some of those pictures, but I assure you she is 100% real, I should know I have done the tests :)

I didnt want to bring this thread down by posting my ugly mug in it, but when I get home I will post a pic of the two of us and the truck with Colorado in the background.....hahahaha just because I can.

If it was warmer she would have stripped down I am sure of it...next time she said...so looks like we will be wheeling this weekend.

BTW taking pics of your GF and your truck with the possability of shedding some clothing is a huge turn on :)

I agree they did come out a bit weird, I figured thats what you meant. It was an odd day, you know where the clouds are hanging all around, its raining everywhere around you but the sun is shining where you are, etc......very green, no wind, wet, drizzly, etc
I have my digi cam still set on hi resolution, its a kick ass camera and takes awesome pictures.....the pictures are like 8.5x11 when i get them on my computer, so i can only fit like 25 on the camera memory card, one of these days I will learn how to make the resolution smaller hahahaha but I hate instructions....

I will be going back up there really soon, there were some yahoos who decided to elave their 50 beer bottles, a half deflated air mattress, some cardboard, plastic trash, and a wife beater hanging frmo a tree...I forgot the trash bags on this trip so I am going back up there to clean this crap up...its only 45 minutes from where I work to the trail head..

She looks legit to me.

Nice work Jamie. :cool:

Attachments

• ambsb21.jpg
    ambsb21.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 323

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back