5.0L hesitation trouble... Im lost with it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0L hesitation trouble... Im lost with it

T

thebignewyorker

:mad: :mad: Stock 5.0L limited is hesitating at under acceleration, I noticed it a few days after changing the plugs and wires I installed taylor wires and NGK iridium plugs about 600 miles ago and about 200 miles ago I changed the fuel filter and yest put on a new TPS, IAC and cleaned the MAF. Still same problem. There is a rough idle once in a while when started but smooths out in seconds, and no CEL ever comes on. Also the EGR valve was replaced about 10,000 miles ago. so im lost with this thing. Im thinking maybe that DPFE sensor that has vacuum lines hooked to it. Any suggestions, guidance, opinions, gripes, or intuition please drop a line all is welcome. Thanks guys.

Well, based on the first sentence, I suspect the plugs or wires--
have you removed them, and checked resistance?
I would switch to autolite platinum spark plugs, IMHO

The DPFE sensor is common to go out, often only seasonally, but they usually cause a CEL code before any symptoms. I would also wonder about the plugs or wires. Can you swap them if all other tune-up stuff has been done? It is very easy to buy a broken plug, or have them break when installing them. Same with plug wires but that's still uncommon.

Sorry Gents

:confused: I forgot to add an important symptom. Sometimes while cruising at about 40 or so when I step on the gas lightly the drive train shudders and kicks kinda like the torque converter is doing something weird, then it smooths right out. all of these symptoms described in this thread usually happen when the truck is in normal operating temp. Maybe that will help you guys help me.

Back