93 Explorer project "The Hulk" | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Explorer project "The Hulk"

Ok to give a starting point i want to say that i have had a 91 X that i had the Superlift 5.5" lift on back in 2001 took it to MOAB and had a blast including jumping it 5' yes FEET off the ground at the dunes. However it was unfinished and i was 19 and traded it in for another vehicle and have regreted it ever since. Then in August of 2010 i found this 93 that i purchased for $400 because it needed a clutch and was beat up a bit. So Since then all i have done was a clutch until recently. I started replacing a few things here and there including one front fender which the other needs to be replaced as well eventually. Then i finally decided it was time for the fun stuff. SO i purchased another superlift 5.5" Superrunner lift, the one with the extended radius arms. I also purchased a set of used tires and rims tires are 35 12.50 r15. Then i purchased a set of 4.56 ring and pinion with master rebuild kits for both axles. And i wanted to start logging all this on here for others to see as well as advice. So you know before i get beat up too bad on the TTB i thought about going to a straight axle and i might eventually but i personally kinda like the TTB and this is also still going to be my every day driver, I just want it to be more offroad capable as well. I plan to replace all seals and bearings in both axles MAINLY in front while its all apart, and probably painting/undercoating both axles at the same time. Any ideas on some small things that i may want to consider WHILE im doing the lift and gears to possibly save me some time or hassle down the road a bit????

Thanks for reading if you were able to read through it all just wanted to give a good background. OH YA and i will post some pics soon of the 93 as well as a couple of my first X the 91.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, I've been saying the opposite for over a year now. Got the front built, now I just want to buy the back one.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Winch......it works and I got it for $300.

20130215_201732_zps49e5624c.jpg

Finally got my cheap A$$ an Elite account so now I can post. The winch looks awesome man, I can't wait to see it and the bumper mounted!

Finally got my cheap A$$ an Elite account so now I can post. The winch looks awesome man, I can't wait to see it and the bumper mounted!

Welcome to the elite......and im stoked as well...

Today I recieved my master install kit for the locker so the locker should be here in the next day or 2..bumper should be here next week and cat back exhaust this week sometime....then just gotta get a seat to mount in the rear and decide what locker I can afford up front.

I'll try to contain my excitement...

Hell YEAH!!!

That is all.

Put the dynomax exhaust on today!!! a bit depressing lol kinda miss the no muffler sound.

O and while doing so the guts of my rear catalytic converter pretty much fell out. HOPE IT STILL PASSES EMISSIONS.

It should.... the Beast passes every time, and she's been ridden hard and put away wet so many times that I doubt that either of my cats have anything left in em at all.

Bumper got here today....its beautiful gonna price powder coating it and if its too much ill be using roll on bed liner for it.....also found out why the winch was such a good price...they got the wire wound up in a bad way i may even have to cut it off :(

Ouch. The one time I ran into bad bad cable issues, I hooked the winch up to a big damned tree, then threw it in neutral, and backed the truck away to pull it out. Worked like a charm. ;-)

But if the cable really is toast, I do believe someone on the forum is trying to get together a mass synthetic winch cable buy-in. Then your new winch would have all the sexy.

Got one pic of the bumper and a couple showing what im up against with the winch. ......

20130227_201704_zps508bc69f.jpg

20130227_201734_zpsf5c941d4.jpg

20130227_201753_zps8c3c1848.jpg

Bumper pic isnt the greatest sorry im beat ill try to get a couple better ones this weekend. And as you can see I will probably be replacing the wire on my winch anyways even if I do get it un stuck.

Back