93 motor swap issue | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 motor swap issue

Still no start on the 91 manual computer....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 97 4L does not have a different cam in it does it that changes the firing order?

I guess I will wait until my next paycheck and buy cam position sensor new none of the computers work.

the ohv firing order stayed the same 89-2000
Same crank and no start condition with the 91 computer...... hmmmm
the check engine light does come on when you turn the key?

Yup same crank no start. And yes the light comes on.

Im about to get it towed to a shop. Lol

Forgive me if I overlooked this one. I wonder if something has been left disconnected, like, a plug not plugged in. happens all the time. Or, some connector has a pin pushed out of it's housing.

Ignition control module mounted on the header panel, passenger side. Is it getting signal and providing proper output?

Forgive me if I overlooked this one. I wonder if something has been left disconnected, like, a plug not plugged in. happens all the time. Or, some connector has a pin pushed out of it's housing.

Ignition control module mounted on the header panel, passenger side. Is it getting signal and providing proper output?
how do i test the module?

Well i installed a brand new camshaft position sensor and original wiring. And still no start. I have started the process of finding a shop that will work on it for me.:-(

something went fishy during the engine install
If it was running the truck you pulled it from
cant get to start in new truck
something is not plugged in, not hooked up, ground is not connected?
Dang sorry you have to go through this! I know the feeling

so drop the truck off at a shop they put a new ignition control module in and it started up but it starts and then loses spark so they still don't know what the issue is completely

look for broken ignition wires inside the harness since you just swapped engines
Had a similar issue with OHV was eating coil packs, losing spark
coil pack resistance checks out, everything was checking out eventually found broken coil pack feed wire inside harness
we just had the engine out/in so working the harness around must have broken the wire
took forever to diagnose PITA

does anybody have an ignition control module for first gen for sale they want $300 for the one that have that they're using to test with

Just get one from the salvage yard. That's where I got my spare from, for the parts bag. Think I paid $1 for it.

@KurtECV are you needing your 93's Module after the LS swap? If not, this gentleman could use it.

does anybody have an ignition control module for first gen for sale they want $300 for the one that have that they're using to test with

Three hundred dollars? That sounds insanely high

Thats the price they told me . I found the only first gen in pic n pull today and got one for 30. And they found a broken wire in between the nodule and computer . so now 300 total and truck runs!

YEAH BUDDY
broken wires happen when the harness gets moved around alot on these old trucks
Glad shes runnin!!

Well now the fun part begins i guess.. haha serves me right for neglecting this thing in a field for 5 years... i have no dash lights no tachometer no taillights high idle and stumbling on reving. And astronomical dmv fees! Hahaha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back