94 explorer limited, front end wobble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer limited, front end wobble

Jromero777

Reaction score
City, State
I live in sedona az now grew up in San Diego CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Limited
Well i took my explorer to a shop for the wobble, it kind feels like a loose tire or a warped tire on a bicycle, they told me i needed an passenger side tie rod but wanted 150 to install it, my dad and i put it in for 40. front end wobble is still there, on a suggestion from a friend we rotated the tires to make sure that is wasn't an out of balance tire. still there. any other suggestions. This is my daily driver, i need to get it fixed.

thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bad shocks, worn bushings, Ball joints

If you checked the tie rods its probably ball joints like Jason said. Check the forum for other threads like this. I seem to remember reading a very similar thread a couple weeks ago

if its totally horrid, radius arm bushings can cause it to wobble around, but it would also clunk loud like a blown cv axel on whatever side. this bushing is at the end of the Y shaped pipe going from the front wheen towards the back of the truck into the cross member (look half way down the tire, pointing backwards) Mine are blown and the truck also "waves" around a little on the freeway.

Wobble is at any speed but seems to level out at

speeds above 35, there isn't really any noise associated with the wobble, i am leaning toward it being the ball joints, just have to wait for payday. I assume its not to safe to drive it so its been the bus that last couple days. I need to get the front and back suspension done soon too. when we did the tie rod we noticed that the arm was a little loose too, that why i am thinking the ball joints after checking some of the other threads here.

thanks guys any other suggestions or easy ways to do the ball joints would be great
thanks guys

ball joints replace

i'm interested in how hard was it to do the tie rods? did you get an alignment, or what? (i'm about to replace mine).

Tie rod was easy...

Just make sure to measure and keep everything the same length, messed that up on a camry a few years back, once i get all the front end stuff done i am going to get an alignment done but havent yet, just eyeballed it lol

Back