Accident!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Accident!!

I got into an accident about a week ago. I was makeing a left hand turn onto a side street from a busy street I was on. There is a blind corner on the street so I always listen and look just to make sure no one was coming. Well I didn't hear anybody nore see anybody coming so I proceded to turn left. The next thing I know, I see this black blur come flying by and I heard this hug bang. I was like what the hell was that. I looked to my left and saw this car spinning down the street. The car landed close to 100' away facing the opposite direction it was headed in. Both doors of the drivers side were crushed and wouldnt open. I just lost my front left head light, the bumper was pushed into the wheel, very front top of fender is pushed back, fender pushed into door so it wont open, and the corner of the hood is bent. This all happened across the street from my house, so I was pretty shocken up from my parents reaction when they came running out. Well still havent heared from the insurance company yet. The cops didnt give me or the other driver a ticket on the scene. But now I have to go to court next week. This town is small so the cops have nothing better to do so they make a big deal out of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All i have to say is that Blows!

pics would be good. sounds like the explorer won the fight.

what was the other car?
if it was driving fast enough to be a blur, you shouldn't have much to worry about in court.
are there any skid marks from them trying to stop?
you could use those to get an idea of how fast they were going.
had a friends dad analyze his skid marks one time and they showed how much he was speeding.

that sucks bro.....

but most likely you will be found at fault. You where turning into there lane of travel..

Now get some pics up so we can see the carnage!

the other car was an early body style maxima. The explorer defiantly won the fight. I have pictures and will try to post them.

you kicked his butt :D
any chance of a 2nd gen fiberglass front clip now?
then you could get some clear headlights and corners. :)
good luck in court mang!

yeah man, your gonna end up with a nice check from insurance :thumbsup:

that sounds horrible, but its the truth hah.

itl be your fault for not yeilding but what was the speed limit on that street anyway for you to do that much damage to that car, he ad to have been speeding

If I was a gambling man, oh wait I am, I would put my money on you being at fault come the court day. All because you were turning onto the lane. It sucks because they were OBVIOUSLY speeding. Good luck

The speed limit on the road is 25mph. When I was turning my was doing about 3mph.
My dad had the ticket that had been writen out with the court date on it, they originally said it was on tuesday. Well monday morning comes along and my dad looked at the ticket and it said monday, it was already to late to go, it was about 10:00. and the court started at 8:30. We went down there anyway and the women said to call back the next day. Well he did, I got a $75 ticket and had to pay $25 in court costs. Not sure what will happen with the insurance yet.

hey at least you got him better than he got you

Back