Aeromotive Fuel Filer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aeromotive Fuel Filer?

Hey whats up my check engine light came on today and I took it to Autozone for a scan. They came up with it was running lean. All the people there said it was the fuel filter. One guy said replacing that would turn the light off but later the pump would go out. Well what I want to do is replace it with a High Flow Aeromotive Fuel Filter Part# AEI-12304 here is the link.

Aeromotive Fuel Filter AEI-12304

Now that one flows 100 Microns over the stock type which is 10 Micron. Would it be ok to get that kind of filter? I plan to get a stock fuel pumo since my friend told me thats only good if like you have larger injectors for forced induction. Also what fitting size would I want they show this on the different ones

-10 AN Female Inlet
-12 AN Female Inlet
3/8 in. NPT Female Inlet Fitting

Here is a link to all the Aeromotive Fuel Filters
Aeromotive Fuel Filters All

So all you high performance guys help me out so I can get the check engine light fixed and go with something more performance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the fittings on that wont interact with your stock fuel filter fittings... the fuel filter your truck has is quite high flow, and also high pressure as its a FI system.....

the people at autozone are usually morons though...... what was running lean? what was the code? could be anything from an 02 sensor to pretty much about anything....

microns is not a way to measure flow, its a way to determine how small a particulate is getting filtered

So should I get a second opinion or just replace the filter with a stock one? The code said Fuel Lean Bank 1.

Slush Box said:
So should I get a second opinion or just replace the filter with a stock one? The code said Fuel Lean Bank 1.

That code does not necessarily mean a bad filter. How old is the filter?

A stock replacement filter is all you need if it is a filter problem.

FPR=fuel pressure regulator. It could be a number of things, but replacing the fuel filter is never a bad idea. Autozone might check the FPR for you. If not they probably loan out fuel pressure gauges.

being that you have a 4.0l you probibly have leaking intake gaskets, a fuel filter will not fix the problem, it could be an o2 sensor or an intake leak or vacum leak, both a bad FPR and fuel filter would cause BOTH banks to be lean.

Before I spent all that money on a expensive fuel filter I would look towards vac leaks and such for a lean engine code. There is not a clogged fuel filter (DTC) code that I am aware of. The factory style filter should be more than you'll ever need stock. Hell I am turboed and still use the factory filter and lines,etc.. Although the pump and injectors have changed. What is your fuel pressure? That'll tell you the condition of the fuel system.

Back