AFTER 2 inch body, 2 inch suspension, and other mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AFTER 2 inch body, 2 inch suspension, and other mods

Well I'm not really sure if there IS any advantage of using new springs over the spring seats. I just figured nice, brand new painted springs would look better. lol And they would only cost a few bucks more.
Now the new problem is even GETTING the spring seats. Seems that they are on a national backorder! My brother just used them to lift his Bronco II and he told me about the backorder. He had to wait over 2 weeks to get them. I tried to order them and the parts guy had no idea when I would see them. He couldn't locate a pair anywhere in the twin cities. I should clarify though. One IS available but not the other one. Can't remember which one though (left or right).
Maybe too many Ultimate Explorations members using them up?!?!?! LOL
Rick
BTW: My brother just finished the same lift on his Bronco II as I am going to do. (2"suspension and 2"body)

nice rick nice.. why not just get the skyjacker kit? it has the springs. my bumpers are still low rick toolow I need help man!!

JG.......no I have not seen how messed up your tires were, but with any lift it's the same. You want to run it for a hundred miles or so before you fix it. Let everything sit in place, then go for it. A hundred miles won't mess up your tires, but will mess up your springs.

alrighty leebo, i guess that just wasnt my case... my alignment is still fine.

Back