Another transmission problem with hard shifting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another transmission problem with hard shifting

Cleinin100

Reaction score
City, State
Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006explorer
Ok I have been searching for the past 2 days and have seen lots of info on the 5R55S. But I haven't found any one with the same problem as mine. My tranny shifts thru all the gears no problems and I have no codes or lights on my dash on. But what it does do is slam into reverse or drive. It is not bad when first started and trans is cold but once it's up to temp man does it slam hard. So my question is is it the solenoid pack? Can the pack be bad and not throw codes? It is a 2006 4.0 4x4 Any help or info greatly appreciated thx chris

I have had to replace the PCM on a couple of these for harsh engagement issues. You would need a very good scanner and a pressure gauge to check for a control problem like that.

You may want to have your local dealer look at it and check for any software updates for your vehicle.

Thanks for ur input I'm taking it to a friend's shop this week some time he's got all the expensive scaners hopfully he figures it out

Back