Apache Tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Apache Tires?

Been browsing Craigslist for new tires that I'll need come the spring, and I came across a set for relatively cheap. Guy sent me this photo:

bAsmewDQvffuShMMgMnSxIr3eyVmwuSA0300.jpg

He wants $200 for 4 with the rims, and I have no interest in the rims so I'm going to try to see if I can take just the tires for less.

The issue is, I can find minimal info on Apache tires. Anyone ever heard of them/have ANY information? The one review I found said they were made by "General" who produces dirt-cheap malformed tires and shaves them, and as a result that Apache tires are a shaved vibrating nightmare of rotating rubber.

Looking for second opinions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They don't look like they'd be worth spending the money to mount to me...

Yeah, keep looking. I found a similar deal on some Avons. I know Avans are a great motorcycle tire, but couldn't find any info on them for vehicles.

I kept looking and I just got (4) 37" BFG A/T KOs for $200 off craigslist

Alright, thanks guys. He told me he won't separate them anyway.

Yeah, keep looking. I found a similar deal on some Avons. I know Avans are a great motorcycle tire, but couldn't find any info on them for vehicles.

I kept looking and I just got (4) 37" BFG A/T KOs for $200 off craigslist
^^wow

same story, i just found a set of bfg mt 285/75r16 for $350, i thought it was pricey for used rires until i saw them..80% tread or better:D
craigslist is the shiznit and good things come to those who wait
good luck on the hunt

While I have found the same info you have provided about General tires, I would like to say I had a set of Apache's on my 94 Cherokee and it was un stoppable in the snow while on the road and in some fairly nasty mud while deer hunting.

I never had any problem with vibration or any bad characteristics, I just bought a set of General grabber A/T 2’s for my 94 Explorer the grabber 2’s look very similar to the Apache. I would have bought the Apache’s but last I checked they are only being sold in Mexico.

But I think he is asking too much for the tires, being that they are used and I only gave $300.00 for mine new 4 years ago.

Jeff.

Yea, I'm gonna keep searching. I'm not paying for rims I don't want and tires that could potentially be bad and are relatively cheap new anyway. I scour Craigslist daily for 33s. I figure sooner or later I'll stumble upon a steal. Anticipate more threads of this nature in the future from me. :D

And I'm gonna pass on the 53s. ;)

Back