Are HALO Headlamps a kit or just the housing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are HALO Headlamps a kit or just the housing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can either order HALOs and install them yourself, which I dont reccomend, because you gotta bake your headlights and get them opened which is a (B-word), or you can talk to Jason@flashtech in the link from Bill, and you can either send your housings in and they install HALOs, or you can buy a brand new pair with HALOs.

HIDs are just the bulb, no need for sending them out to get the bulbs installed, thats a relitively easy job

I saw those pics already, looks tight man. But didn't really answer my question. Are the HID's and housing seperate or a kit? And if I have the HID already do I need new one's for the HALO's?

Nope, theres 3 things. Housings, HID bulbs, and HALO rings. You can buy them from Jason with HALOS and HIDs already, or you can keep what you have now and add HALO rings, they do sell them in just kits.

(Meaning you keep YOUR housings, YOUR HIDs, and you'd be ADDING the HALO rings yourself)

Sorry if im sounding dumb haha im just trying to explain it the best I can

Ok so are the HALO's just those LED rings within the actual housing or will my HID create that look?

Not sounding dumb, that's how I'm comin off. Kinda new to all this.

Nope, the Halos are rings, of (give or take) 80 LEDs, so you can have them wired up to a switch to have them on when you want, or wire them up to your parking lights so they come on with them, etc.

Ok so when the HID lights are on they will shine past the LED in the housing giving off a different look with the HALO's? Bear with me bro, lol.

Yea, the HIDs and everything will be the same, the HALOs are just rings of LEDs that light up, they arent like a replacement headlight or anything

Haha no problem though man glad to be helpin

Here are my headlights with HALOs, theres 2 halo rings, and the HIDs are on in the pic, so it gives you kind of an idea I guess
IMG_0458.jpg

Brian you been a big help man thats exactly what I wanted to know I appreciate it.

Anytime man, glad I got you what you needed,
what color Halos are you wanting to get? What temp. are your HIDs?

Looking to keep with the same color as the HID so lookon to do that blue color

Yea I was gonna say blue would look kick ass

Yea man that blue looks tight. I just had the fogs put in but wasnt payin 200 bucks to get them in HID. I got hyperwhites but would like a matching blue color for them. Do they come in that?

Back