Attaching Emblem to Billet Grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attaching Emblem to Billet Grille

I just finished the custom color ford emblem project last night.

P2110072.jpg

I'd like to fasten it back to the billet grille that I put on in May of '08 without the use of adhesives. The problem is the three pegs on the back, which are perfect for leveling the emblem on the grille, but horrible for mounting the emblem. I need ideas. Again, this needs to be mounted without the use of adhesives. I'd like to ultimately use cable ties somehow.

the only thing i used on mine was two sided tape, and ground the mounting tabs down on the back side of the emblem. it has stayed put for two years now. i don't know if you consider that a adhesive or not.

I might try that, that doesn't sound as destructive as "just use epoxy" like the guy at home depot told me to do and I certainly can't think of anything else. What kind of double-sided tape did you use? Like what brand? Do I just grind down the pegs with a heavy sandpaper?

3M VHB or 3M Trim/molding tape

what ornithology said. you could probably go to a body shop and they will put tape on there for you. as for the tabs, you can cut them with wire cutters, then sand them flat

Back