• Register Today It's free!

attn Blacksheep Josh

Wagonized

Reaction score
City, State
abbotsford bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0 limited
all you need to do with your setup is bridge it and keep your sub output turned down. Listen for the smell of coil when ur playing it loud.

Its better to run too much power than not enough because now if you only want 400 watts rms out of that amp you know itll be clean power bc its only working half as hard as it needs to.

Bridge it and keep ur gain low or better way would be to set gain normally but keep your sub output on your deck set low.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all you need to do with your setup is bridge it and keep your sub output turned down. Listen for the smell of coil when ur playing it loud.

Its better to run too much power than not enough because now if you only want 400 watts rms out of that amp you know itll be clean power bc its only working half as hard as it needs to.

Bridge it and keep ur gain low or better way would be to set gain normally but keep your sub output on your deck set low.

All he needs to do is bridge it and wire the coils in series. That way there is no worrying about turning down the power and gains.

Could've sent a private message, but if you want to do it here that's fine.

So what you just said...
Its better to run too much power than not enough
Is that it's better for me to run too much power, that my subwoofer cannot handle?
You want me to send UP TO 1400 watts max to a sub that's rated at 800 watts max?
You also want me to send 700 watts rms to a sub that's rated at 400 rms?

I'm sorry man... that's way to far off for me to even begin to trust that.

josh in ohms less is more, so if your amp is stable up to 4 ohms then it can handle 8

So what you just said...

Is that it's better for me to run too much power, that my subwoofer cannot handle?
You want me to send UP TO 1400 watts max to a sub that's rated at 800 watts max?

You can go over on the wattage with no problems if you simply listen to your system. It'll let you know when you're over doing it. I'm sending >2x the rated power to my subs with not a single issue, and have always done so.

So what you just said...

think of it this way. Is it possible to drive a 600 horsepower car on street tires without spinning the tires everywhere you go? yes of course it is, you simply dont have your foot to the floor the whole time.

same goes for your system, all you have to do is have your amplifier setup so it doesnt put out full power and ur good to go. Plus the fact that if ur amp is only working at 50% of its ability then it wont be pushed to its limits and send a distorted signal. At 50% of the power its able to produce that amp should be giving the clearest power signal it possibly can.

Lastly you'd be surprised how much power woofers can handle if you just run clean power to them. I had two entry level kenwood 10s rated at 350 rms each and I ran 2500 rms split between the two from a viper 2500.1. Ive also ran 4000 rms to a pair of DD 2512s which are rated at 600 rms each. And even competed with that setup aswell. I later solid it and its still kickin today. The setup I went to world finals in 07 with I ran 5000 watts per sub which were rated for 1200 rms each.

Is this a private message post thread? WTF?

They have IM and Chat for this kind of thing.

And I am going to say this personally,
waginized, if you want the forum to support you, you must first support the forum!:thumbsup:

Is this a private message post thread? WTF?

They have IM and Chat for this kind of thing.

And I am going to say this personally,
waginized, if you want the forum to support you, you must first support the forum!:thumbsup:

I just felt there should be another thread made because the OP seemed to get frustrated with the answers he was getting and I felt he was doing things wrong.

Is there a link as to where I can support the forum...Ive been lookin around a bit lately for a sponsors section

Wagonized
You can support the forum by becoming an Elite member, if you want to advertise your business, then you become a vendor :thumbsup:

Back