Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300

My vote is for the S2000 ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off, I refuse to get an asian car, partly because of economics (dont bash me for a german car here) and also because I just dont like them and culture associated with such cars.

I am not planning on going to college, I am taking a year off then going to an auto tech school for 2 years, while continuing to work at my current place of emploment during and after tech school. I will be around home so i wont have to pay for dorm, tuition, ect. I will still be working, and the car would go under my parents name in insurance so it wont be too bad, I got a quote for 200/mo. Thats only a little more than what im paying for my X, which is fully under my name.

EMG, I would love for you to get in contact with her, if possible please find out what year she had/has and how it did. Im looking for how often she got it serviced, any problems associated with in, how many miles were on it, ect. That would be a great help, thanks.

sn0border88 said:
First off, I refuse to get an asian car, partly because of economics (dont bash me for a german car here) and also because I just dont like them and culture associated with such cars.

I am not planning on going to college, I am taking a year off then going to an auto tech school for 2 years, while continuing to work at my current place of emploment during and after tech school. I will be around home so i wont have to pay for dorm, tuition, ect. I will still be working, and the car would go under my parents name in insurance so it wont be too bad, I got a quote for 200/mo. Thats only a little more than what im paying for my X, which is fully under my name.

EMG, I would love for you to get in contact with her, if possible please find out what year she had/has and how it did. Im looking for how often she got it serviced, any problems associated with in, how many miles were on it, ect. That would be a great help, thanks.
I'll see what I can do, shes away on business for weeks on end so who knows when I'll see her next. The one she just replaced was on of the first years that she put a ton of miles on, she must have had at least 100k on it. The new one was literally delivered last week, so she must like it if she got another one.

rtbrjason said:
My vote is for the S2000 ;)

puke.gif

^^^ahhhhaaa...true....lol

asianesq. I still try and tell myself its a european car because it way to nice. When I think asian I thin Honda, Yota, Scion, Hyundia, Kia, and Mitsu

EMG, what ever you can do that would be awsome. One more thing, ask if she kept to some kind of maint. schedule and what was included. My theory is that their reputation for unreliability can be avoided if a regular schedlue of maintnence is followed.

pretty much its a glorified yota

I'm just curious, how did you decide on the cars? They are very different from each other. One is a 4 door sedan and one is a little sports coupe.

Very euro looking cars... ;P

Lexus%20is300.jpg

is300.jpg

I wanted someting sporty, "peppy", and something that looked good to me, and under 13k. These are the ONLY 2 that fit the bill.

i know its a glorified yota, but I try not to tell myself that caus its damn sexy.

my 2¢...

Audi - depreciates FAST, repair parts are $$$$$$$$$

Lexus - reliability

I have a Toyota, so I am kinda biased. My brother owns an Audi. ANY parts that he buys are insane priced, with the dealer being stupid insane priced, and online places being insanely priced. Yeah, I like Audis, but repair costs would make me think twice.

I like the fact they devalue fast, Like I said, lotta bang for little buck.

jeres one of my friends IS300....nuf said lol.

Attachments

• 36 (2).jpg
    36 (2).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 976

(plays cliche Chinese tune on piano) da da da da dum dum dom dom dum

as odd as it sounds, that dosent yell ricer to me, it looks like an awsome euro tuner.

I like the color, but not the missing grill look or tires to narrow for wheels look. Otherwise, not too bad

I like the eyelids on the yellow one.

If you do get the IS300, you will be constantly hounded by "the asian car people", as the IS300 is a very common car amongst them. My buddy drives a Toyota Corolla with a few mods to it and takes every availible chance to race IS300s. Every Civic, Integra, Prelude, Eclipse, etc. WILL want to race you. And a lot of them will beat you.

The IS300 is a glorified Camry, same engine, but RWD. And almost as heavy.

I had a 99.5 A4 quattro with the 1.8T. I LOVED that thing. I sold it to my best friend when I got the explorer. He still has it w/ 100k+ miles on it. I LOVED that engine and still think about it. Thats saying alot considering I now have an LS2 under the hood.
Forget the rice, get the kraut.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it has a black mesh grill, and a turbo. I'll have to ask what kind it is. Its damn fast.

Back