Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300

TTG said:
I like the eyelids on the yellow one.

If you do get the IS300, you will be constantly hounded by "the asian car people", as the IS300 is a very common car amongst them. My buddy drives a Toyota Corolla with a few mods to it and takes every availible chance to race IS300s. Every Civic, Integra, Prelude, Eclipse, etc. WILL want to race you. And a lot of them will beat you.

The IS300 is a glorified Camry, same engine, but RWD. And almost as heavy.

ummm error sir(indian accent) it has an inline six, tell me which camry has that lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

terdrocket said:
I had a 99.5 A4 quattro with the 1.8T. I LOVED that thing.
Exactly what I have. I think we already talked about that too. I have alsmost 100k on mine right now.

I was reading there was a class action suit brough against Audi because of some problems with the 1.8l that they stuffed into the A4. Audi lost. Now a similar case is being brough because of the TT

terdrocket said:
Thats saying alot considering I now have an LS2 under the hood.

Is it just where I live or are am I the ONLY one to not actually have seen a TB SS on the road yet?

i havent seen one on the road yet either.

[QUOTE='97 V8]i havent seen one on the road yet either.[/QUOTE]

I hope I do though!!!
FIREdevil.gif
muawuawuawawa!!! ;)

snoboarder I saw her briefly this morning and she told me that she has had alot of problems with both of them, and the only reason that she got another one was that her company pays for it and thats the choice she like most. Also she has no idea about the maintenance at all, just knows when its broken.
edit:she did say that when everything is working correctly its a great, fun car to drive and gets good gas mileage.

I really wasnt hoping for that answer. If she never took it for servicing then thats probably her problem. Thanks anyways.

rocket 5979 said:
I hope I do though!!!
FIREdevil.gif
muawuawuawawa!!! ;)

haha LMAO

rocket 5979 said:
I hope I do though!!!
FIREdevil.gif
muawuawuawawa!!! ;)

You could put a lickin' on me except for on a rainy day.

I have seen 4 other black ones just like mine around here.

terdrocket said:
You could put a lickin' on me except for on a rainy day.

I have seen 4 other black ones just like mine around here.

Yeah dude on a rainy day you would destroy me! I would have went about 30 feet by the time you would be finishing the 1/4! ;) hehehehehe.

rocket 5979 said:
Yeah dude on a rainy day you would destroy me! I would have went about 30 feet by the time you would be finishing the 1/4! ;) hehehehehe.

On a side note, I got a chance to go with an AWD Subaru WRX. I've seen it around town a few times, and most notably his exhaust caught my attention. It acutually sounds good for a 4 banger. Anyways, he rolled up beside me and kinda hovered waiting for me to go. Well, I did, and so did he. It got close till we hit about 80 and I was pulling. Well, as luck has it, we both get caught at a red light. I heard him revving, but knew damn well I couldn't floor it at the line or I'd just be spinning. Green light, he floors it, and all I can do is limp into it until I've got traction. Luckily I already had my race tune in, and I floored it. From a dead stop, it will pull all the way in 1st until 70 mph. I was still in second until 90 and then it barked into 3rd. I pulled on him big time till about 130 and I let off. Keep in mind, this is a pretty much deserted 2 lane highway away from the town. He rides by and gives me the thumbs up and we stop at next gas station. He wouldn't tell me exactly, but he said he had about $3000 under the hood. All I know it I heard that turbo screamin' :D

I've seen 1 or 2 TB SSs, and a few Silvy SSs. The SRT-10s seem to be more popular around here. Apparently you can stuff more ego into them with the Viper engine.

They really do sell the crap out of those SRTs(in any variety) and SSs. Too bad Ford shut down all its performance stuff down. Was kinda hoping for an XP8 successor someday to put those guys to shame. And to make those smug people with a Cherokee SRT-8 quiver in fear.

One of the managers at my store has a nice Suby. I think he has way more than $3000 under the hood. He's got new turbos, intake, exhaust, short shifter, and just got a new PCM for it. I need to get promoted and make that kinda cash. :rolleyes:

TTG said:
And to make those smug people with a Cherokee SRT-8 quiver in fear.

Gotta go out and build your own vehicle for that! ;)

Not cost efficient at all for me to do. I have no need for a SUV to be honest, and the gas milegage difference would make it worth moving down to a car alone. Let alone the the fact that its 300x easier to make it go fast.

Of course with my luck I'll finally end up getting a little sporty car and then get screwed over with kids or something.

TTG said:
I've seen 1 or 2 TB SSs, and a few Silvy SSs. The SRT-10s seem to be more popular around here. Apparently you can stuff more ego into them with the Viper engine.

I've yet to tangle with an SS TB, but I want to. As for the SRT-10, I've went against a regular and ext. cab. Extended cab is a joke and automatic, but keep in mind it's about 5700 lbs. Regular kind sounds mean, but they don't make 22 inch slicks/DR's. They can't put small rims in back because of the brake size. Traction is their issue. Theres was TT Srt 10 on talking trash on the SRT board about Lightnings, yet in his signature he has "691 rwhp/ 11.9 1/4 mile". I just laughed my ass off. If my truck had 691 rwhp, I could touch sub 10s with a little weight reduction.

The SRT guys do talk a lot of trash. When I was looking into getting one of the Harley F150s the f150 forums were constantly getting into big fights with the SRT guys. Around here it's almost pointless to compete for speed since there's so many old rich people, and people who inherited tons money from old rich people.

It also doesn't make sense to get anything too nice because that draws attention from drunken people in the parking lot, and in the winter our roads are unusable. Yes I know we don't have snow, but we have it way worse. We get snowbirds that insist on going 35 mph in all lanes. Especially the passing lane. They also have never heard of "looking before you turn out onto the road". For this reason alone the X has a lot of life left, I wouldn't want to risk a nice car during the winter down here.

If i had 691 rwhp my truck would be undrivable. My tires would just never get traction. Even at idle they'd spin. Which brings up a point already stated for the TT thing, but its worth mentioning again, quattro is your friend.

I always laugh when SRT guys come to the Lightning board and talk trash. We had a Camaro owner, a MODERATOR at that, from LS1tech.com come over and challenge "any" Lightning because some poser of their board was claiming he beat a Heavily modded L and he beat them with with his CAI/Exhaust WS6. Well. that owner got some much needed feedback from some L guys. He got laid into. Well a few 1st gens L's posted up running high 7's/Low 8's, so then he said he would challenge any 2nd gen. At at time, Johnny Lightning was the quickest 2nd gen at 9.77@140. He hasn't run his TT setup yet, but he WILL be in 8's. Well this guy's car weight 3,000 lbs. WITH A STRIPPED interior and he still kept challenging 4700 lb trucks claiming it was fair game. He ended up fading out, but he stayed around talking **** for a while. Oh, he was marine too, and he said he could "beat us up", so we were afraid :rolleyes:

Back on topic
The IS300 is a glorified Camry, same engine, but RWD. And almost as heavy.

Actualy, the Inline 6 that is in the IS300 is a great one. It is never offered in a camry of any kind. You may have heard of this engine. Its called a 2jz-ge. Also found in the naturaly aspirated MK4 supra. I have a lot of experience with these engines and they are AMAZING. Not only super reliable but can make insane power. If you look on supraforums.com you will find lots of guys that turbo the NA motors. Its insane how far they can take them on the stock bottom end. The IS300 is far better of a car than the TT. There isnt even any competition. the lexus can be taken much further performance wise, as well as it being far more reliiable. Remember the phone conversation the other day? The TT is such a problem it verges on nightmare. The cost of fixing them far exceeds the cost of fixing the lexus also

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive been waiting for you to chime in. Ive talked to many, many people. TT and Lexus owners. Both were, for the most part in love with their car. The only complaint from the Lexus owners was it wasnt as sporty/fun to drive as they had hoped. The complaint from the TT owners was of course the mechanical problems, but every one I talked to who stuck to a regular maintaince schedule had NO problems what so ever. It just seems like if you dont take care of your car then your asking for problems. The TT owners I spoke too were usually either had a new Audi since then or were looking for a new one because they were great cars. Granted, you need to get it checked out every 10k or so but its still winning my little race.

Ive also recently considered an A4, the newer supercharged Grand Prix, or coming back to the fold with an SVT Cobra.

Back