Automotive Customizers are willing to make us some snorkles. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Automotive Customizers are willing to make us some snorkles.

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I talked with Mike the owner of Automotive Customizers, he is willing to make us some snorkles but needs donor vehicles to take measurments etc. He is located in Pompano Beach, FL. Anyone in that area interested?

Here is a link to the current ones he makes: http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html...c&ps_session=8fb1fe05d3068ccf3ab1229736765de7

He seems like a really nice guy and is not affraid of making something for our X's. He may even be able to make us some bumbers too???

What do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think its a great idea. if i was in that area i would give em my truck.

[QUOTE='97 V8]i think its a great idea. if i was in that area i would give em my truck.[/QUOTE]

Thats the kind of response I'm looking for!

To bad I live in jersey

Almost a 10 hour drive for me. :( If I was closer, I'd do it. Did he mention a price?

Hmmmm, I wonder how far away FullFootNotch is from there? He's got the mud boggin Explorer on rockwells...I'm sure he'd like a snorkel (then again, I doubt mud/water could reach the top of his truck. :D)

We'd need two volunteers, one for 1st gen and one for 2nd gen, since the intakes are on different sides and the fender profiles are different. I'd definately be in for a 2nd gen one as long as they are decently priced.

I'll be interested in one if they ever get made. Can't really help out with the testing though :(

EDIT: I'd be interested in bumpers too :)

yea but someone has to get an x to him first...

Nobody lives close to Pompano Beach, FL??

if they were made and the price was fair i'd be all for it. i've always wanted to add a snorkel (since i flooded my truck and nearly hydrolocked the engine) anyways i'd be in for one.

double post :rolleyes:

He's not in the office this week. The owner should be chiming in next week, so post your thoughts and questions.

i'd be done for one but i got fiberglass fenders.. maybe have him do three different types?

id be up for one but like bmxking5 said 10 hour drive

its longer for me, so someone pm adlive and tell to drive over and get some measurements take for us.

Not much use for a snorkel right now, but I'd be down for a bumper w/tire carrier depending on price. Seem kinda expensive on his site.. $1000 for the Xterra version, no way I cold do that.

its all relative to price, if its gonna be an irrational price like the xtrerra bumpers and all, i'd just go do my own and save a bunch. Its all about the money.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So this guy only makes them for nissan's as of now?

Back