before+after 4"lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

before+after 4"lift

before+after 4"lift/now 6"

----*Updated* pics in 2nd page---------
heres my before and after with a 4" tuff country..more pics in projects page..
1975421_3_full.jpg
Before
1975421_11_full.jpg
During
1975421_16_full.jpg
After
:thumbsup: :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when your finished with yours 100% u can come and put mine on for me. looks pretty good.

sounds great.... I still have to do the rear yet..soa with out the over load... its a 4" lift but gained 5"??? and there used springs..and my truck wasnt sagging before.. I could fit 32" no prob...rear should be done in a few days... post some pics up id like to see it.. anyone else with a 4"

Looking good I really like that front bumper

sandrunner said:
...post some pics up id like to see it.. anyone else with a 4"
Looking good... I installed a 4" Skyjacker in July (local lift laws limit and X to 4.5") :thumbdwn:
Anyway here is a pick of my '93 on the left..
182052005_Jamboree_10_group_pic_WEB-med.jpg

Looks good DeRocha....Ill get some daytime pic's

where did you get that prerunner bar?

Fabtech...looks good but getting a little rusty...heres a day time shot showing it low rider STYLE... :confused:
1975421_11_full.jpg

you might not want to do the soa, unless you plan on doing f150 coil spacers, because itll be 4" front 5" rear and trust me it doesnt look good(well atleast it didnt on my explorer) but the front looks good!

Im hoping on taking out the overload and it will be a little even, sports have 2 main leaves and a overload..should net a 4.25-.50 lift in the rear. I dont like the ride of addaleaves, now the front soakes up all the bumps..feels like a caddy...there is sooo much i have to buy before going wheeling like extended brake lines+droped pitman arm!!!!!! so far this lift has costed me $200...there were many freebee's

Are you running OEM shocks? My OEM lengh shocks were way to short for the front end.. I went wheeling a awhile back with Izackary and he was running stock lengh socks in a lifted 2nd gen (torsion twist). The shocks were fine on road, but at full axle droop they were too short preventing the axle from travelling its full amount... As such the entire front suspension on each side was held up/limited with the 3/8" nut on top of the shock... Needless to say we heard this metalic ricochet ping noise while on the trail and it was the upper shock having been peeled off :eek: ...

After my lift was on I measured the ride height, extended length, and collapsed length (shock eye bolt to eye bolt mounting locations) and determined the correct shock size I needed... I then search through various shock catalogues (Rancho, Bilstein, ect) for the correct match... Unfortunately the the shocks that matched were for a bronco (front) and an excursion (rear)... The valving would have been too harsh (i guess). So I got the Rancho 9000 adjustible shocks... It rides sweet now :cool:

my shocks were limiting my travel for a while too because they were stock length, ive got some great resivoir shocks that are brand new and will get much better travel numbers if you want them :D

no I dont have factory shocks...4" procomps...took the boots off they were yellow(I got all the coils+drop brackets+shocks for only $100 I tore the lift out of a ranger at the salvage yard.. the truck was brought in the salvage yard as an abandon vehicle) the rest of the $$ was for bolts and some hardware...were did you get the idea that i was running stock shocks????

sandrunner said:
no I dont have factory shocks...4" procomps...took the boots off they were yellow(I got all the coils+drop brackets+shocks for only $100 I tore the lift out of a ranger at the salvage yard.. the truck was brought in the salvage yard as an abandon vehicle) the rest of the $$ was for bolts and some hardware...were did you get the idea that i was running stock shocks????
I got the idea because:
* Your lift was so inexpensive and shocks can be $$$
* Many people putting on a used lift will keep their stock shocks for a while.

My posts are for everyone reading your thread. Other people reading your thread may not be as knowledgeable when it comes to shocks and may re-use their old ones because they bolt on (not realizing they will have issues at full compression/extension.

my bad I didnt say that i put in bigger shocks...even the 4" lift shocks arnt enough!! full drop the shocks are holding it back.. time for larger ones or limiting straps..also have to put on the extended brake lines..how are superlifts braided lines?? thats what i ordered

put wheelie bars on it and tell everyone it's a track truck

let me think about that for a sec....ahhhh...no...Well im getting some new/new to me rims there the street lock crawlers.bead lock wanabee's.friend has them and selling them. set for $100. going to mount the 32" on them, I know i still have to do the rear.I measured the leaves with out the overload and they are 1" add the axle tube 3 1/4" and thats 4 1/4 inches then theres the perches another .5" or so.. so i think with springs settled +/-4.5" rear should be right. Also I did a before mesurment of the front and after I added 4.75" I dont know if this matters but I have a sport.2dr..In the winter ill be getting 33" or 35" MT/R's.cant choose yet..love the fiber fenders FROADER.. thats another xmas present to my self...also want a real front bumper with a winch mount..but prerunner style ....all i want to do is kick the crap out of my friends XJ on 35's on the trail and snow. :D .had a little prob last year :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just buy the 4" superlift leaf springs, and u will get 4" of lift in the rear

Back