BFG Long Trails | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG Long Trails

This is a review for all those who spend the majority of their drive on the highway. I don't do much hardcore offroading but do like to escape the pavement every now and then. I do spend most of my time on the highway. I recently placed a set of BFG Long Trails on my '91XLT. Its gotta be one of the smoothest-quietest rides I seen in years. It beats the Bridgestone Duelers I had on. Granted the Duelers were a little more aggressive, but for moderate trips offroading, these hold up pretty well. I managed to fit 31x10.5-15 on my truck without a lift. I took it over some fairly uneven terrain without it rubbing. I think BFG make some excellent tires for the price. I paid $90 each at Sam's Club and I just saw a mail-in rebate for $20 off a set of four!

altough the long trail is a fair low range tire..for good highway and ok trail performance i have found the dunlop radial rover far better for the same money....plus it has a really good manufctures warrenty that bfg does not offer..ie no warrenty at all

According to Sam's Club the BFG Long Trails have a 40,000 mile warranty on them. Now I'm not sure if its through Sam's or BFG, but Sam's said as long as I have my receipt, they'll honor it. Plus I get free balance, rotation and flat repair. All of this while I shop at the shopping center.

Back