Blown & Ventilated | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blown & Ventilated

I made a run to the PickNPull. I got another EECV cover/mounting plate to place over the existing one since the EECV sticks-out a bit with the tuner mounted. I also scored a passenger side vent, the old one was missing a vane.

I found the old EECIV Pin Outs I had were larger. So I also grabbed a few wires at the yard with the EECV connector pins attached. I cracked/cut it open to get them out clean. I used a 3/32 drill bit to drill out the pin holes in my harness connector to open up 45 and 46. It is not hard to do but you can drill through easy cutting other wires and I imagined the bit catching/twisting the harness........Drilling opens the existing hole on the connector side enough for the wire and pin to fit through and it does drill-out the wire side of the connector. The pins click-in and do not pull back out.
FanCon 1.jpg
FanCon 2.jpg FanCon 3.jpg FanCon 4.jpg FanCon 5.jpg FanCon 6.jpg FanCon 7.jpg FanCon 8.jpg

I tested the pin outs I added to no avail. I have posted on the Tweecer site for some help.

It appears that the hardware to control fans is present in the Mustangs EECV's not this Explorer EEC..............Jumped the gun with pin-outs..............Tweecer owner/tuner had me datalog with a register enabled for Fan Off, Fan Low and Fan High. It never changed from displaying Fan Off.

If it was much higher, I'd try a new thermostat and hope Nox Vidmate VLC for one that opens a little earlier for that rating. But you're fine, the fans may need some rethinking depending on what cfm they do move.

Back