Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yeah... I said for long enough that I wouldn't do it... then I priced out the superlift kit and at $2500 I decided that I could SAS it for less... so...I am.. slowly gathering parts and getting stuff done as time n funds allow... It'll get there, hopefully by summer

Si

I'm also putting in a 4406, not sure if I'm going electric or manual yet, but, that's the plan..

Si

I've got both styles of 4406 here already, I'm going to build the axles up over the winter, so they're done and out of the way, and I'm going to try to get the elec case fitted and working, long slow process... but, I always try to take pictures and update as much as possible..

Si

I bought this last month, was hoping to put it on this weekend, hidden behind the bumper, but, it probably won't happen...

I'll be using this thread as a guide Clicky

Si

Attachments

• winch.jpg
    winch.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 418

Will you be doing this sort of mod to go with it.
[thread=228245] Click Me! :)[/thread]

Did a little bit more work on my rear axle set up tonight... I smashed my finger to bits last week whilst taking apart the Explorer 8.8.. it's taken a week to get to the point where my finger doesn't hurt so bad and I can finally carry on...

So, tonight, I finally got both axles stripped and got the Explorer discs bolted up on the full sized 8.8

Si

Attachments

• CAM00935_zps70ac5411.jpg
    CAM00935_zps70ac5411.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 367
  • CAM00937_zps149bfaf8.jpg
    CAM00937_zps149bfaf8.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 381

I was tired of looking at Pickle covered in winter road dirt n salt... so I decided to treat her to a once over at the car wash...

I jetwashed the engine bay, all up underneath, under the rockers, inside the flares, frame rails, etc... then gave the inside a quick blow, vac and shine up... then waxed the outside...

Si

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 376
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 368
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 365
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 360

I was tired of looking at Pickle covered in winter road dirt n salt... so I decided to treat her to a once over at the car wash...

I jetwashed the engine bay, all up underneath, under the rockers, inside the flares, frame rails, etc... then gave the inside a quick blow, vac and shine up... then waxed the outside...

Si

Are those 3rd gen rims?
Why did you choose those over the stockers?

They were on the 02 sport at the side of my house 3/4 had winter tires in the correct size... I'm broke... so I only had to buy 1 tire

Si

Looking good , and i kinda dont mind the wheels

I'm not overly enthused by them, but, they're serving a purpose for now. till I get my 37s on.. :D

Si

Well, I've committed myself to the lift now... haha... I've got the master install kit, locker and 5.13s for the rear... the fronts will be ordered next month. Then I'll just need some odds n ends and the lot can go in... exciting times

Si

Attachments

• 513s.jpg
    513s.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 352
  • locker.jpg
    locker.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 331

Well, I did a little more for my SAS and got my D44 narrowed 6" so that I can make it work, I've also picked up some wheel adapters for the back and I'm almost ready to get my rear axle built up, just need to order my truss.

Si

Attachments

• 5_lug_adapter_main_4.jpg
    5_lug_adapter_main_4.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 293
  • fwd44.jpg
    fwd44.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 302
  • narrow44.jpg
    narrow44.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 292

Test fitted the wheel spacers/adapters today... and the 37s... obviously needs lift, but, it sits nice n wide..

CAM00060_zps7033a97e.jpg

CAM00058_zps814920db.jpg

CAM00067_zps649228b5.jpg

CAM00061_zps11370ef9.jpg

CAM00063_zpsd5cac6a1.jpg

CAM00066_zps00e0e550.jpg

Also got some new beauty products from Jon.. (Turdle)

Before
CAM00056_zps925d7d06.jpg

After
CAM00057_zps327abea3.jpg

Si

Back