Boost on an Eaton SC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boost on an Eaton SC

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to know how much boost people are making with the explorer express SC kit on a 5.0 . The website claims 5-6 PSI. but I personally only made 4-5 psi when my explorer was a 5 liter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im not sure i know an answer for this, cause i dont have that kit, but im wondering, what kit is it? and what supercharger is it?

sometimes boost gauges can be slightly off, i would say, doesnt really matter how much boost you are putting down, as long as the track time is there, and then after that, the dyno numbers are there

but please inform me- like a link?, i wanna see more about this kit

It's a kit from explorer express. It's a m90 eaton. Do you have an m112 on you're ranger

ooo i was trying to find that on the site, but was having trouble what i was wondering was kinda...i was seeing 5 psi of boost on the 4.0 with the m90 with the stock 3.16? pulley...soo why would it be about the same pressure in a bigger engine...

unless the heads/runners/combustion chamber, and such calculated out to be about the same dimension

yaa i have a m112 from a lightning on my 4.0

i don't think they offer that kit for the 5 liter anymore. yup that is definitely weird why both engines would see same boost on same unit. how did you put the m112? do you have any pics? that is very cool. did you get a kit from explorer express then adapted the m112?

I am using the EE M90 kit on a 2000 5.0 and it is making 6.5 pounds boost.

Pully Boys builds pulleys as small as 1.9

What size pulley are you running?

the m90 really wasnt made for a 5.0 engine..soo many restrictions come with putting the m90 on that engine, it was originally on a 3.8 :).

spinning the blower fast isnt going to help either cause thats going to create a crap load of heat..

I am using the EE M90 kit on a 2000 5.0 and it is making 6.5 pounds boost.

Pully Boys builds pulleys as small as 1.9

What size pulley are you running?

I had the stock pulley that came with the ee kit.

the m90 really wasnt made for a 5.0 engine..soo many restrictions come with putting the m90 on that engine, it was originally on a 3.8 :).

spinning the blower fast isnt going to help either cause thats going to create a crap load of heat..

Yup u got that right I think the best and easiest thing to do is go m112

you could upgrade to the mp90 and open up a few more doors....i have a friend with a mustang gt 4.6 with the mp90 and that puts out 450whp or something...soo the mp design would be alot better for that just because those like to be spun faster..either that, a m112, a twin screw, you say you like the supercharger, and i do to for the whine and the power placement of tourqe on trucks, but you could go turbo, but thats alot of custom work

the stock ee pulley is 2.6 I went right to a 2.3 and make 6.5 pounds I will try a 2.0 next and probably make 8-10 pounds boost=power the only way to know if you are spinning the blower too hard is dyno tuning keep going to a smaller pulley until you dont make any more power I make 250 whp and 300 torque with a cai, pro-m, cat back, and sct custom tune next will come injectors, torque monster headers, heads, cam, and extrude honed lower intake should be good for 450+HP with a 4000 pound 2WD with 456 gears it will move probably low 12's

the stock ee pulley is 2.6 I went right to a 2.3 and make 6.5 pounds I will try a 2.0 next and probably make 8-10 pounds boost=power the only way to know if you are spinning the blower too hard is dyno tuning keep going to a smaller pulley until you dont make any more power I make 250 whp and 300 torque with a cai, pro-m, cat back, and sct custom tune next will come injectors, torque monster headers, heads, cam, and extrude honed lower intake should be good for 450+HP with a 4000 pound 2WD with 456 gears it will move probably low 12's

If you go too small of a pulley, its going to slip and make no boost. who tuned you're explorer, a couple of weeks the shop i go to tuned a explorer that made 250.

current belt has a 114.5 inch inside diameter with a 2.3 inch pulley its nice and tight no slippage when I go to a 2.0 I will go to a 114 inch or 113 inch for no slipping. it was tuned at the same shop that tuned yours, I saw you truck there its nice. you could try putting on a 2.0 pulley. I saw another Explorer on car domain with a 347 making 10 pound of boost with a 2.1 pulley. so I think the M90 can make decent boost on your truck. I can give you the goodyear part numbers on the smaller belts. I am getting ready to do the torque monsters. where did you do your dual exhaust piping and what application did you use for you dual a pillar pod?
please let me know.

current belt has a 114.5 inch inside diameter with a 2.3 inch pulley its nice and tight no slippage when I go to a 2.0 I will go to a 114 inch or 113 inch for no slipping. it was tuned at the same shop that tuned yours, I saw you truck there its nice. you could try putting on a 2.0 pulley. I saw another Explorer on car domain with a 347 making 10 pound of boost with a 2.1 pulley. so I think the M90 can make decent boost on your truck. I can give you the goodyear part numbers on the smaller belts. I am getting ready to do the torque monsters. where did you do your dual exhaust piping and what application did you use for you dual a pillar pod?
please let me know.

Cool, B&D Racing is very reputable shop, they've done many many builds. they have also tuned my other cars. its a great shop, specializes in mustangs, lightning & harleys F150. M90 is just to small of a supercharger for a 347, we've ported it and even put a smaller pulley on it, i think its 2.8, but its supposed to make 9 psi on a 302. in order to make more efficient boost just got to get a bigger blower. I dont think u can put a bigger crank pulley because it has an angle sensor designed for the stock pulley size. Measure the diameter of you're pulley. or take a picture and post it on here. i just dont know how any belt would grip a 2 inch pulley. My dual exhaust is custom. x pipe & 2 1 chamber flowmasters. My pillar pod is from autometer.

from what i have learned, belt slippage is a combination of not enough contact mixed with to much boost...it takes more force to compress 15psi than 2psi, so i can see a belt grabbing the 2.0 pulley, given that it has the right wrap and boost, but to me just seems impractical

K so I finally figured out my pulley size. looks like mrboostman is right, on the pulley sizes & i was wrong :thumbsup:. So stock EE kit they come with a 2.6 pulley, on the 347 engine i made 2 psi using the stock pulley. I had a 2.3 from pulley boys that i had bought a long time ago, i installed the 2.3 and now makes 4.5 psi. I want to see how much boost i can get out of this puppy, im gonna try a 2.0 like mrboostman said, i think ill make 6-6.5.

Get an aftermarket m90 :D Ihave the MPX and it's even more efficient then a m112 on my 3.8....it's more money but it's very efficient and can be spun almost upto 50% OD...it's insane!

also what year blower do you have? they 89-93 have uncoated rotors and the 94-95 have teflon coated rotors which yielded about 20hp more without being overdriven. www.magnumpowers.com (MPX only) and www.sccoa.com will have the MP2, MPIII and MPX or the 94-95 blowers. an MPX spun to 15% or even 25% would be awesome......oh and did I mention the MPX is louder then the m112? it's sooooo sweet!

Get an aftermarket m90 :D Ihave the MPX and it's even more efficient then a m112 on my 3.8....it's more money but it's very efficient and can be spun almost upto 50% OD...it's insane!

also what year blower do you have? they 89-93 have uncoated rotors and the 94-95 have teflon coated rotors which yielded about 20hp more without being overdriven. www.magnumpowers.com (MPX only) and www.sccoa.com will have the MP2, MPIII and MPX or the 94-95 blowers. an MPX spun to 15% or even 25% would be awesome......oh and did I mention the MPX is louder then the m112? it's sooooo sweet!

My M90 is ported & still does not flow enough for my V8 347, the MPX is a casing for m90, so instead of porting the case you get their casing. If you do the same to m112 the m112 will be more efficient cause they are bigger. they even sell a casing for lightning. Good info, thanks Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My M90 is ported & still does not flow enough for my V8 347, the MPX is a casing for m90, so instead of porting the case you get their casing. If you do the same to m112 the m112 will be more efficient cause they are bigger. they even sell a casing for lightning. Good info, thanks Nate

The MPX is more efficient then anyones port job on the m90. and the MPX is smaller then the m112 and performs better then it. not to mention you can OD it more. The MPX is a different beast all together!

Back