Braking issues. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

praveen

Reaction score
City, State
Qatar, Qatar
Year, Model & Trim Level
i have Ford Explorer 2006 model. It has done 35000 KM. The issue is that while applying brake, the steering tilts to right and the vehicle turns slightly to the right. What might be the cause? Is it a common problem with the Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check your brakes and balljoints.

Thanks for your immediate reply.
Yes, all tyres are of the same number and I got the wheel alignment done just two weeks back. Still the issue exists.

Your right front brake caliper may be hanging up causing the pull to the right.

Braking issue

I got all the brake pads replaced with new ones and realigned. Now it is much better than before.

Alignment issue

Yes, I am confirming that this is due to wheel alignment problem. When I took it for wheel alignment, one mechanic showed me how the right hand side tyre was not vertical at 90° angle. There was an issue with the suspension at right hand side. When he made the wheel suspend freely, the wheel was shaking as if it was hanging. He tightened the nuts and aligned properly. After a test drive, presently I feel that the problem is resolved. I will drive some more miles and confirm in this forum whether the issue has been resolved completely.

Thanks once again for all your advises.

Back