BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

If you want to replace ball joints frequently (or have one separate while driving) keep the stock arms. Get the BTF arms and don't worry about it.

I completely agree with Ronin here. It is an unnecessary risk. It is not a matter of if they will come apart, it is a matter of when. Just get the UCAs. they are quality.

Ive had mine on for the past 5 months and my only complaint is that the Indiana winter has taken its toll on the surface. They are rusting already. When I get warm day, I will be Plasti-Dipping them.

Merica'

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to replace ball joints frequently (or have one separate while driving) keep the stock arms. Get the BTF arms and don't worry about it.

I completely agree with Ronin here. It is an unnecessary risk. It is not a matter of if they will come apart, it is a matter of when. Just get the UCAs. they are quality.

Ive had mine on for the past 5 months and my only complaint is that the Indiana winter has taken its toll on the surface. They are rusting already. When I get warm day, I will be Plasti-Dipping them.

Merica'

alright..you guys convinced me. definitely like not having to worry about things...piece of mind is priceless :salute:

can't wait to get all this ****! ++ thats it's american made, love supporting small businesses.

I want to install coil spacers, 1.5 rear and 2in front on my 02 Ford Explorer what else is necessary to upgrade or add with spacers?

Just put my lift on. 2.25/1.75 and BTF Arms. I found it much easier to get the bolt started in the bottom of the strut before trying to do the top. And if you are doing the control arms at the same time, take the old off and put the spacer in without the arm in the way. A few less headaches that way. It wasn't that bad of a job after I learned shortcuts from the first spacer. It NEEDS an alignment bad right now.

Just put my lift on. 2.25/1.75 and BTF Arms. I found it much easier to get the bolt started in the bottom of the strut before trying to do the top. And if you are doing the control arms at the same time, take the old off and put the spacer in without the arm in the way. A few less headaches that way. It wasn't that bad of a job after I learned shortcuts from the first spacer. It NEEDS an alignment bad right now.

Out of curiosity, did you get the Moog problems solver adjustment parts, front and or rear? Also did you stay with stock wheels and or tires? If not what sizes did you opt for?

Out of curiosity, did you get the Moog problems solver adjustment parts, front and or rear? Also did you stay with stock wheels and or tires? If not what sizes did you opt for?

I did not get the Moog stuff. The caster is out a little bit but that's it. Camber is near perfect. Stock wheels still and 265/70/17 duratracs.

How much are these spacers now

I installed the btf lift, new struts and btf ucas AS IT SITS my spindle and ucas are hitting the springs. Whenever I go over a bump it feels like a have no suspension just blocks because it's so stiff I have literally no travel at all. Can Brandon make larger ucas? Or can I fab something like a spindle spacer? I take my truck offroad a lot and it's a nightmare. What can I do?

What size spacer lift did you install? I think smaller spacers do not have this problem.

Hope someone with experience on the subject can offer good advice..im new to the site (long time lurker) and im wondering if i will need the btf uc arms with the 1.5" (~2" lift) spacers front and back. If so, what else will i need for this mod. Thanks in advance.

Hope someone with experience on the subject can offer good advice..im new to the site (long time lurker) and im wondering if i will need the btf uc arms with the 1.5" (~2" lift) spacers front and back. If so, what else will i need for this mod. Thanks in advance.
Of course they will help, but no, you don't need the UCAs with a 1.5" spacer.

How in the hell do you guys comorass your strut back into the bottom bolt hole? Ive tried a jack but just lifted the lower a arm and truck?

so, correct me if im wrong...i wont have ANY suspension issues AT ALL if i go with the 1.25" spacers on my 03 xlt 4x4..if so, what exactly are the risks and issues

thanks for the reply..since im only going for a mild setup, i would have to trim the strut bolts due to the limited clearance between the spacer lips, correct? not trying to question Semperfi96's experience, but can i get more confirmation on no possibility of issues and risks on the front and rear 1.25" (even 1.5") spacers. sorry but i just want more reassurance. thanks in advance.

Call Brandon who makes them he will answer your questions. He did all mine even during installation. His number is in the thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the reply..since im only going for a mild setup, i would have to trim the strut bolts due to the limited clearance between the spacer lips, correct? not trying to question Semperfi96's experience, but can i get more confirmation on no possibility of issues and risks on the front and rear 1.25" (even 1.5") spacers. sorry but i just want more reassurance. thanks in advance.
Yes, you will have to cut the strut bolts with the 1.25" spacers. That's what I have on mine.

Back