CEL with code P0102 and already replaced MAF. Please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CEL with code P0102 and already replaced MAF. Please help

Wiseout

Reaction score
City, State
Joshua tree, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer 5.0 Ltd.
My 99 explorer 5.0 has CEL P0102 low voltage MAF sensor. I have replaced the sensor, the connector, throttle body sensor, IAC valve, gaskets and checked for vacumm leak although there seems to be a leak i can't find after the MAF sensor. What else can be causing this code? I can't get it smogged and therefore registered and my only vehicle. New spark plugs and wires and replaced Intake manifold gasket and torqued to specification. Help please..

My 99 explorer 5.0 has CEL P0102 low voltage MAF sensor. I have replaced the sensor, the connector, throttle body sensor, IAC valve, gaskets and checked for vacumm leak although there seems to be a leak i can't find after the MAF sensor. What else can be causing this code? I can't get it smogged and therefore registered and my only vehicle. New spark plugs and wires and replaced Intake manifold gasket and torqued to specification. Help please..
Anyone. Please help

Assuming the replaced sensor is good, I would suspect connections. Unplug the connector. There are four wires. With the key on, the red should have +12V, the black should be connected to ground. The light brown/red and tan/light brown go to the ECM, pins 88 and 36. Unplug the ECM connector and check continuity. Also check that these two wires are not shorted to each other or to ground.

Back